Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Honeypie
Honeypie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cannot register a pocketedge?

Hi! I'm new to the site and the pe. So I'm sorry if this has been answered recently, but I've read through and nothing seems to work for me. I purchased a pocketedge and when I go to use the Store app it tells me to register, then gives me a "Network Connection error. code 80." I've tried several dozen times!
Have they brought their site down for good? Is there anyway I can get past this and browse/purchase things from the store without registering?
Do I need to manually update the os using the usb tips?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for your time!
Honeypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Are you connected to the internet when you try to register? Can you get online in the browser or email?

Might try a reset.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Honeypie

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I can get online using the browser, and check my email using the email app. I did push the reset button but it didn't actually reset it. It just started up like normal.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Was the unit new? If it has been registered before you wouldn't be able to do it again.

You might also try at off peak internet hours, I had problems trying during a busy time, then later went right through.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
Honeypie

I bought it as a "new unit", who knows now days though. I was trying randomly through the night, it just would never register. Is there anyway I can find out if it was registered before so I can file for a refund asap if it is used?
Is there a special trick for this reset button? Do I have to stand on my head while pushing it in? heh

Thanks so much for your replies, by the way!
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
dpeakeable
dpeakeable began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
I too just got a new pocket edge and am having the same problem, only I can't get it registered.
dpeakeable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
Honeypie

You're in the same boat as me. I can't get it registered and it won't watch youtube videos off the app. sad
Old 09-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
dpeakeable

I haven't even seen any apps yet. Wonder what can be done to get pass all this?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeypie View Post
Hi! I'm new to the site and the pe. So I'm sorry if this has been answered recently, but I've read through and nothing seems to work for me. I purchased a pocketedge and when I go to use the Store app it tells me to register, then gives me a "Network Connection error. code 80." I've tried several dozen times!
Have they brought their site down for good? Is there anyway I can get past this and browse/purchase things from the store without registering?
Do I need to manually update the os using the usb tips?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for your time!
What you are trying to do will never work - Entourage closed the store when they closed up shop. The store app is a redundant appendage and all you can do is ignore it.

If you are looking for apps you could start with: http://www.freewarelovers.com/android

Be aware that Ermine is a beta build and not all apps work with the PE. Also you will need to use a USB stick and the correct update.zip to update to Ermine. There are several threads that will give you the information you need.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Angry entourage website...

Is likely gone. Over the last 3-4 days I have tried to access it to only get the timeout message. However, all is not lost the register screen can be bypassed by clicking in the LCD screen in a particular order as shown in the graphic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	entouragetimeout.gif
Views:	1358
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	76235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Four_corners_small_expanded.jpg
Views:	2381
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	76241  

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 09-07-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Added graphic vice link...
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #11
Zazoo
Zazoo began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
the register screen can be bypassed by clicking in the LCD screen in a particular order as shown in the graphic.
I have a new PocketEdge - just arrived yesterday - and I would love to go to the "Welcome To Your PocketEdge" page that they show in the image, but I can't. It goes directly to the Connect to WiFi page, which starts the whole registration process. I've even tried resetting the darned thing - doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

Last edited by Zazoo; 09-07-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Zazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #12
dpeakeable

Oh thank you, thank you Gunner it worked. I am so happy!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazoo View Post
I have a new PocketEdge - just arrived yesterday - and I would love to go to the "Welcome To Your PocketEdge" page that they show in the image, but I can't. It goes directly to the Connect to WiFi page, which starts the whole registration process. I've even tried resetting the darned thing - doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? TIA.
In case you haven't gotten it yet, although perhaps you have! , follow Gunner's instructions from the Connect to Wi-Fi page. Once you have that page showing, click in the areas shown on the right-hand diagram in his post in the order it says to click. After that you won't be asked to register and you should have full functionality of your device.

It's a sad truth that all good things must end, even enTourage.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:53 AM   #14
Honeypie

Cheers for all the replies! I updated the pe to Ermine and did the youtube - my channel "trick" to sign my google accounts into everything. Also thanks so much for the link ivanjt. I'll be checking it out now. It sucks so much that entourage pulled down support for this product, but I'm sure there is still tons of fun to be had with it!

Is there an e-book site that works for Ermine? One of the main reasons I got this item is for the e-book reader.

Again, thank you all so much for helping me. You all have a very nice community here!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:09 AM   #15
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Honeypie, welcome!

You can get books for an eDGe running Ermine from any ebookstore/library that has .epub or .pdf books. Here are a couple of threads that talk about it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142043
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144587

And if you want to read on the LCD side, many of the Android reader apps work well. I have Kindle and FBreader installed on mine (although I mostly read on the e-ink side).

Enjoy!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote