Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Help! Need link to Hotmail help desk.

For the past three days, my hotmail account hasn't worked.

I can log in (and out), and see the mail piling up, but I cannot open the emails. When I click on them, nothing happens. It is as if I am not connected.

Similarly, I can checkmark the spam emails without opening them, but when I click on the "delete" button, nothing happens.

I cannot find a link to a help desk to inform them of my problem. Anybody have a link for me to go to, to even let them know?

I have a number of people emailing me to my hotmail address, and I've got a big problem if I am without it.

GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
This is the best I can find at the moment.

Hotmail Portal.

*edit*

I can see that you've already left a message on their forum.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-20-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks WDE!

After I posted the above, I went back again and saw the Question Mark for the first time. I was looking for the word "Help", and never noticed the icon.

The situation looks pretty grim, with a million people reporting problems of various sorts. I hope I'm not stuck.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks like it takes them a while to respond to any questions. Their first response if you can't open or delete email seems to be to check if your browser is optimized. I don't know how helpful this would be, but they seem to ask it for most questions. (instructions for IE only)
Old 04-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

I've found the problem!

I use Firefox. I tried it with the new IE, and it worked.

I wonder if MS is deliberately blocking Firefox.
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

I'm glad you got access to your email. They may have added some new kind of restriction.

You've found a solution, not sure if it was the problem.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

FYI: I can access emails in my hotmail account from within Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Microsoft products periodically block Firefox - then it's OK again. No explanations. Just their little way of tweaking us I guess.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

My hotmail account is now working with my Firefox again.

I wonder what happened.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
*burp*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote