Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
CES blog

I just spent 5 minutes with the Go. Details will be posted tonight. It's a surprisingly good comic book reader.

Can someone recommend a capable comic book reader? I want to use something else to compare.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hanwang (Hanvon)

I spent about 10 minutes with the N518. I wasn't planning to see it so soon; don't expect details before tomorrow night.
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Samsung has 4 ebook readers on display

I just saw:
  • 5" w\ Wacom screen, no wifi, no slider
  • 6" slider w\ Wacom, Wifi
  • 6" w\ Wacom, no slider, Wifi, 3G symbol on back, removable battery
  • 9.7" w\ Wacom, Wifi, panel on back, and maybe 3g (I knew more than the reps)

I need to go retake the pictures. Sorry.

All 3 smaller models have the same model name in the settings menu: SNE-60k.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I just spent 5 minutes with the Go. Details will be posted tonight. It's a surprisingly good comic book reader.

Can someone recommend a capable comic book reader? I want to use something else to compare.
For me closest equivalent would be an iPhone using comic reader mobi?

The UI is frankly amazing and demo is free from app store

Also very easy to load comics in via drag and drop with a free desktop app(says windows only on there that is out of date mac and linux are available)

http://iphonecomicbookreader.com/ - includes video

Last edited by stustaff; 01-07-2010 at 03:01 PM.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
I just saw:
  • 5" w\ Wacom screen, no wifi, no slider
  • 6" slider w\ Wacom, Wifi
  • 6" w\ Wacom, no slider, Wifi, 3G symbol on back, removable battery
  • 9.7" w\ Wacom, Wifi, panel on back, and maybe 3g (I knew more than the reps)

I need to go retake the pictures. Sorry.

All 3 smaller models have the same model name in the settings menu: SNE-60k.
Please, pictures of that one im interested to see/know.
Plus would be nice to know those products and see how much they expect to sell each one and when is gona hit the market.

Last edited by Chiron; 01-07-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

@ chiron
The price for the slider and 9.7" was quoted yesterday as $399 and $699 respectively.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Sungale & Wiltronic

I decided to combine thiese threads and make this thread a running commentary.

Sungale has an eink ebook reader that will come out in April. Even better, they knew about my Cyberus review and were okay with it.

Wiltornic is going to import several eink readers from China. I recognized one as the Oaxis by Gajah Int.

I have good picutres of both, so I will upload them late tonight.

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-07-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Anymore details on the Go? I am assuming it's a color device because you mentioned it could be good for reading comics.

Curious to see what kind of screen technology it has and if it does other things as well (video or internet for example)
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Anymore details on the Go? I am assuming it's a color device because you mentioned it could be good for reading comics.

Curious to see what kind of screen technology it has and if it does other things as well (video or internet for example)
It's the device they released back in September (I think). The comic book reader was released at the beginning of December. All the PSP Go is is their latest generation of the Play Station Portable (it has no UMB drive).
Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
It's the device they released back in September (I think). The comic book reader was released at the beginning of December. All the PSP Go is is their latest generation of the Play Station Portable (it has no UMB drive).
The PSP Go has been a bit of a disappointment on the gaming side-maybe they are repurposing it as more a media reader?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I stopped by the xact (Copia) booth and the Ditto book booth. Wow on both.

I was also told that Blio wasn't on the floor in the Microsoft booth. The way it was phrased suggests it might be behind closed doors.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Nate. Have you seen this yet? I guess you haven't. http://tweetphoto.com/8236894
Can you get a look? Full colour and video and working (I think).
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
LiquaVista screen in Onyx Boox hardware in the BeBook booth? wow
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #14
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Nate, while you're at the BeBook booth could you also check out this one:

http://tweetphoto.com/8237027

Is that the BeBook 2?
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Nate, thanks or posting the BeBook Neo information.

Have you been to the PocketBook booth yet? I'm keen to find out some details on the PocketBook 302. Thanks.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ces10