Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Huge LRF

I have a huge (literally) problem.

I have created a mobi ebook (via mobipocket creator and html editor). After having build this book (about 800kb), I imported it in Calibre and tried to convert it to lrf. This took a very long time and resulted in a file weighing in at about 3.8 mega! Wow!
Is this size normal for this file format? I opened the book with the lrf viewer and it worked quite fine (took some time to load, though)
Trying to get a smaller file by importing the html and converting that resulted in a forever turning sand clock.
I am using the latest version of Calibre.
I would appreciate any help for this. Oh, and please keep it simple, I am not a programmer. I just want to be able to upload that book in lrf with a normal size.
The book is available in mobi on mobilread (May, Karl - Durch die Wueste) for anybody who wants to help me getting a better, smaller size. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 10-30-2008 at 08:26 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you embedding fonts?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Without embedding any fonts, the resulting LRF is 3,777 KB. The LRF does not view with eBook Library or LRFViewer. The reason I think is that the HTML used is abysmal. It's some of the worst HTML I have seen in a long time.

Unless you plan on sorting out this HTML code, my suggestion is to use Book Designer to convert it to LRTF after using Mobi2OEB to explode it
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Without embedding any fonts, the resulting LRF is 3,777 KB. The LRF does not view with eBook Library or LRFViewer. The reason I think is that the HTML used is abysmal. It's some of the worst HTML I have seen in a long time.

Unless you plan on sorting out this HTML code, my suggestion is to use Book Designer to convert it to LRTF after using Mobi2OEB to explode it
Yeah, I noticed that, too, now. I used Open Office to get some form on my text (like justify) and saved it as html. I'll never do that again ! I'll strip that and make a neat html. I had problems before, though, to import html in BD, maybe cause I do not use MS Office. So I guess it's Calibre for me. Thanks for the help.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could try saving as RTF and using RTF2LRF to convert it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert