Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
billpann
billpann began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
music player on duokan 2013?

I've just loaded this ((K3)2013-03-22.23469.rtm) onto my Kindle keyboard 3G (3.3) but can't work out how to get the audio player to work? Is it still disabled? I get a little control panel onscreen via the menu with a search window saying "Please use...unknown", but don't know where to go from here. If I press play it will play one mp3 file only. Also no music folder shows up on the home screen even though I have loaded one.
any thoughts appreciated! (is this duokan perhaps optimised for touchscreen?)
thanks

Bill

Last edited by billpann; 03-28-2013 at 08:11 AM.
billpann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpann View Post
I've just loaded this ((K3)2013-03-22.23469.rtm) onto my kindle but can't work out how to get the audio player to work? Is it still disabled? I get a little control panel onscreen via the menu with a search window saying "Please use...unknown", but don't know where to go from here. If I press play it will play one mp3 file only. Also no music folder shows up on the home screen even though I have loaded one.
any thoughts appreciated!
thanks

Bill
A good question for the Duokan project web site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
billpann

PS apologies I should have said my kindle is kindle keyboard 3G 3.3. Possibly this duokan is designed for touchscreen?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
billpann

knc1, thanks, do you mean http://en.duokan.com/ (not much happening there recently) or the Chinese one?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpann View Post
knc1, thanks, do you mean http://en.duokan.com/ (not much happening there recently) or the Chinese one?
Pick one or both, your choice.

Very few people on this forum support the users of Open Source Software that do not comply with the terms of the OSS license(s).
Such as the Duokan project.

And even fewer people write custom code requests for it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
billpann

OK, sorry if I'm in the wrong place. I searched Duokan on here and found lots of references to it though. This was more a basic question about which shortcuts to press rather than coding.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I asked about the source code for duokan...

And got called a racist! lol

Sufficed to say I wont be helping either...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote