Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Moon+ reader pro idiot guide please

When it works its fine but I'm having a number of problems on a Google Nexus 7.

First sometimes I get the splash page at the start of a book and I've no idea how to get to the first page or anywhere else. Extremely frustrating at times then magically the first page appears.

I like white lettering on a black background but unfortunately I sometimes get a background image that I can't see how to turn off.

I read there are "24 customized operations (screen click, swipe gesture" what are they? Again an element of frustration here.

How you tell it you've finished the book and you'd like to go back to the list of titles?

These are all fairly basic things which I seem unable to spot how to do.

Thanks John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Serapeum
Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Moon Reader+
By splash page do you mean the contents list? Tap outside of it or hit the back button.

Background images and operations are all chosen from the settings. Tap the centre of the screen and then chose the cog. Under Themes you can chose (and update) themes and under Visual Options you can manually change the display settings.

For the operations you'll find those under Control Options.

Going back can be done with either the back button or, after you've tapped the middle of the screen, the back arrow in the top left corner.
Serapeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapeum View Post
By splash page do you mean the contents list? Tap outside of it or hit the back button.

Background images and operations are all chosen from the settings. Tap the centre of the screen and then chose the cog. Under Themes you can chose (and update) themes and under Visual Options you can manually change the display settings.

For the operations you'll find those under Control Options.

Going back can be done with either the back button or, after you've tapped the middle of the screen, the back arrow in the top left corner.
By splash page I mean book cover. It sometimes appears to fill the screen. Using back arrow makes it smaller and then I can click elsewhere and bring up the icons on the bottom. This is a major improvement.

Now how do I indicate I've finished the book and get to the list of books again?

For the moment I can live without knowing how to remove the background whatever.

Many Thanks

John
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
Now how do I indicate I've finished the book and get to the list of books again?
Go to Control Options and pick a control, then from the pull down list pick Back to Book Shelf........I have Back key (key press control) assigned so when I push the back button it goes to the book shelf. I used to have it assigned to Shake Phone, but always afraid I'd let go and send it flying.

You should spend some time looking over all the options in Control Options - many handy shortcuts to choose from to make it easier to navigate.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
Serapeum
Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
By splash page I mean book cover. It sometimes appears to fill the screen. Using back arrow makes it smaller and then I can click elsewhere and bring up the icons on the bottom. This is a major improvement.
I usually swipe it away like any other page - are you saying that doesn't work for you?

Quote:
Tap your back button or tap the centre of the screen and hit the back arrow at the top left of the screen.

Quote:
For the moment I can live without knowing how to remove the background whatever.
Change the background colour and set it to be opaque.
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
[QUOTE=Serapeum;2269209
Change the background colour and set it to be opaque.[/QUOTE]

This being my primary reader, thought I was familiar w/all the options but I sure can't find an opque setting. Serapeum?
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
Serapeum

My bad, you need to pick the first "background image". That's actually no image.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
johnwhelan
Zealot

The back arrow key seems to be fairly useful but the no background image on my unit doesn't seem to exist. All the background images seem to leave something in the background.

However if I then go to Background colour and change that moving it back to black then I get a black background which is what I was after.

I find it easier to read with the higher contrast than my touch ereader or the Gen 3 come to that.

Many thanks

Cheerio John
Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Mahoganymoon
Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mahoganymoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Sorry to jump in with another question. I am new to this. I am about to purchase a Nexus 7 and plan on trying Moon Reader. Can I add my own picture as a background? I looked everywhere and can't figure this out...I want to display text over a muted picture of my choosing such as a book cover or art.
Again sorry for posting here couldn't figure out where else to post this question...
Mahoganymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
Serapeum

Yes. Under Visual Options you'll find an option for the Background Image. There you can chose the folder in which to look for images.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #11
emes
emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy s3
Newbies first post so please excuse if its in the wrong place.

I am trying to use Moon + Reader Pro on my Galaxy S3, for the purpose of filling in pdf files.
MRP is advertised as being able to perform this task, but I am unable to figure out how.
I have also installed the MRP additional pdf plug-in which I believe the GS3 should not require - with no difference.
Apart from using swiftkey to input text to the pdf fields (ideal), perhaps there is a way to stylus direct to the indicated areas and then 'save' those changes to the pdf?
I am aware of the available software to input new text boxes to a pdf, but that would be a rather laborious way of achieving my goal especially when the screen size is small.
I will be most grateful for any help with this.
thank you
emes
emes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #12
petersteier
petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petersteier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Too many configuration options

It is a pity I have to search the web to find out how to get white text on black background (or black text on white background). Moon Reader seems to suffer from too many fancy new features. Too many configuration options, which users find difficult to understand, are an indication for that. I prefer no-nonsense tools.

It fits into this context that to fill out pdf forms, a pdf reader would be the more appropriate app than an e-book reader.
petersteier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #13
merdenoms352
merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.merdenoms352 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy3
page turning help

Is there a way in moon reader to make it so you either have to turn the page or scroll up to go to the next page. Makes me nuts when I'm scrolling up while reading and suddenly the page will turn
merdenoms352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
writerman242
writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.writerman242 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Smile Thank you for this very timely advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Go to Control Options and pick a control, then from the pull down list pick Back to Book Shelf........I have Back key (key press control) assigned so when I push the back button it goes to the book shelf. I used to have it assigned to Shake Phone, but always afraid I'd let go and send it flying.

You should spend some time looking over all the options in Control Options - many handy shortcuts to choose from to make it easier to navigate.
thank you for this. It sounds simple once you know to do it! But I hadn't worked it out and was starting to go crazy!!!
writerman242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
zelszi
zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelszi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi,
I have a stupid question with moon+reader too... I finished a book. I am on the last page. I want to go to the first page again, but I can't... With the back arrow I can go back to my bookshelf. Can somebody help me?
zelszi is offline   Reply With Quote