Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2014, 03:07 AM   #1381
bubblepop
bubblepop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, koboglo
Could you try it with this Korean-English dictionary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwz...it?usp=sharing
bubblepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #1382
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Duokan for Kindle is no longer updated weekly :
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/
Dear see more reading for Kindle users friends: Kindle development team due to limited manpower, the future we will no longer maintain a weekly frequency of updates. But we will still concern Kindle users will be upgraded from time to time on the Kindle version and optimization. If you still have problems in the forum feedback, we will continue to communicate and exchange with everyone here. See more development team 2014.5.5
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #1383
smithintaiwan
smithintaiwan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW with duokan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblepop View Post
Can someone confirm that dictionary lookup works on the Paperwhite in Korean to English?
On the Korean dictionary issue: Stardict dictionaries seem to work, but I couldn't get the hangul (Korean characters) to appear inside the dictionary pop-up box. When I click on a Korean term, a window pops up with the correct hanja and English information, but the example sentences are not appearing. I think the hangul inside the dictionary may not be readable. Unicode issue? As the hangul in the ebook reads with no problems, I imagine this can be fixed, but I wouldn't know how.

I tried it on a formatted pdf file in Duokan 2014 on a Kindle PW1.

If anyone knows how to format the dictionary file so that it correctly shows the hangul, please let me know. Better yet, if you have a working Korean-English dictionary, please link to it.

Thanks!
smithintaiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #1384
Turivol
Turivol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Hey guys, is there any way of using something similar to "push to kindle" with Duokan, nowadays? I managed to make a Xiaomi account but Duokan keeps logging me out on kindle, i can't acess the cloud function or anything.

Any help is appreciate, thanks!
Turivol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #1385
Klapo
Klapo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5SE
Hmmm, i have good question for you guys.
Is there any way to use singular/plural settings for particular vocabulary on duokan?

If there is no way, can someone who know a little chinesse ask about this feature? (haha... I know I know...)
Klapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 AM   #1386
micione20
Enthusiast
micione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo
i have a problem with
duokan 2014
xkindle 2014 06 12 36013 rtm

and a kindle 3
it crashes every time i try to open mobi files.
is there a solution? i like it because it is possible to use better page view without margins (much more words on the display)

please can u help me? thanks
micione20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #1387
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
I dont think there will be new update for Duokan. Even their forum on Xiaomi's web closed already.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #1388
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1m View Post
I dont think there will be new update for Duokan. Even their forum on Xiaomi's web closed already.
they moved the forum here: http://www.miui.com/forum-490-1.html
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #1389
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
they moved the forum here: http://www.miui.com/forum-490-1.html
Thks Thomass. I was searching in MIUI forum, only found their online bookstore.

Hope they will still keep updating Doukan.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #1390
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Thks Thomass. I was searching in MIUI forum, only found their online bookstore.

Hope they will still keep updating Doukan.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=23
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #1391
andy1m
Enthusiast

Duokan just released version R5.16.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:08 AM   #1392
peyton
Enthusiast
peyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Mini 32GB
thanks for the advice. I didn't update since long time..
peyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #1393
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Duokan just released version R5.16.
Includes PW2 support.
**Does not** Jailbreak 5.4.5, 5.4.5.1 - they require users to use our downgrade method. ( - without any credit, of course)

Ref:
https://translate.googleusercontent....FAS2BzprfDcxZA
Old 04-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #1394
Artik
Artik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
I think the problems with installing Duokan on already jailbroken Kindles that have been popping up occasionally are actually due to incompatibility with the screensaver hack. Today I tried installing Duokan for the first time - none of the other readers parsed CK-12 textbooks properly (even those that are available from Amazon - there's a lot of in-line pictures of formulas there that either get all garbled-up or break the lines, depending on the reader). Anyway, after installing Duokan 2014 (and later on trying my luck with 2013) it looked just like here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jation View Post
I do that, but always Duokan freeze on loading screen:

Kindle can only start with kindle OS.

I download last version of Duokan from this page : http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-83057-1-1.html
What I noticed, though, is that this broken screen was preceded with SS hack notifying of starting in cover mode. And when Duokan's loading process is stuck like this, in truth the KindleOS is already partially loaded. You can put it in sleepmode and a custom screensaver will appear; lauchpad shortcuts work to the point where you can do Shift-Shift-A and restart the framework and use Kindle normally. So, after I uninstalled only the screensaver hack Duokan installed and loaded just fine.
Long story short: screensaver hack's cover mode won't allow Duokan to load (was that common knowledge? I couldn't find this anywhere on the forum). It seems to run its python scripts before Duokan. I have no idea about the inner workings, but from the outside it seems that this triggers some parts of KnindleOS to load before Duokan has a chance to take control. This happens both with Duokan's boot selector and KUAL extension. It does not happen when the screensaver hack is in simple gallery mode, but you can't have cover and Duokan at the same time. And, of course, it's not NiLuJe's problem, given Duokan guys' track record with other people's code (hence I'm not suggesting this as a bug on that thread), but I just thought maybe this post will save someone several hours of rebooting the device over and over again.

K3G 3.4.1, SS 0.45.N
Artik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #1395
knc1
Going Viral

We had observed that Doukan would not install with the MR Jailbreak installed (at least on models more recent than the K3).

And of course, our SS hack will not install without the MR Jailbreak.

I don't recall anyone trying to just remove the MR Jailbreak (leaving the SS hack working) and then trying to install Doukan.

That seems a rather convoluted way to shoot yourself in the foot, but thanks for the report anyway.

- - - -

Meanwhile, on the Asian Jailbreak development front:
Oops
https://translate.google.com/transla...91341-1-1.html

http://www.miui.com/forum-490-1.html
&&
https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=
(topmost post)

(and if I got the link correct this time, the current report):
https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

Perhaps if they would finally, publicly, admit they had been using the work of the developers at this site (without any credit or acknowledgment) all of this time - -
Then some might be willing to cooperate with them on 5.6.x .

Well, if you scroll down that page to the bottom, someone has posted links (and a partial screenshot of) NiLuJe's snapshots thread and package installer.

If I understand the translated post - to show that we have packages working for 5.6.x
Plus a complaint that the MR Installer thread does not include a 5.6.x software jailbreak.
(shame on you NiLuJe)
Which is getting a little bit more blatant than usual, even for Doukan.

At least some of their users post links back to this site.
Which is a recognition of sorts ('foreign experts' - that's us).

- - - -

I am in no hurry to make the serial port jailbreak process easier for those without soldering skills.

A.K.A: the "serial welding method" as google translate calls it.
[/rant]

Last edited by knc1; 04-04-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf