Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #286
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
I meant I removed the jailbreak first, then factory reset the kindle - then copied the file and install the latest duokan - the install went well but when it reboot it is not able to launch.
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #287
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Try this:
  • menu>settings>menu>restart
  • press Q when you see the Duokan 2012 logo

Last edited by thomass; 02-19-2012 at 10:04 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #288
antartide
antartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4 NT
After I have installed duokan on my kindle4 nt, there was a way to reboot in kindle OS mode without remove duokan?
antartide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #289
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antartide View Post
After I have installed duokan on my kindle4 nt, there was a way to reboot in kindle OS mode without remove duokan?
Remove? You can't remove Duokan with a reboot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Try this:
  • menu>settings>menu>restart
  • press Q when you see the Duokan 2012 logo
press Z when you see the Duokan 2012 logo if you want to boot in KindleOS, otherwise press Q

Last edited by thomass; 02-22-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #290
antartide
antartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with others

[QUOTE=thomass;1975948
press Z when you see the Duokan 2012 logo if you want to boot in KindleOS, otherwise press Q[/QUOTE]

But i have kindle 4 non touch i have not keyboard.
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #291
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
But i have kindle 4 non touch i have not keyboard.
sorry for that

When you restart your Kindle What do you see below Duokan 2012 logo ?
Old 02-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #292
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Thanks for informing the developers.
However, when I informed them about this problem last year, they then replied that it was a low priority issue. We'll see...
It looks like they fixed this issue : link
Quote:
Capturing, move the cursor automatically skips to the next word with a space.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #293
antartide

I have not installed duokan 2012 on my k4 nt yet, because before install it i have to now how i can boot kindle os or duokan os without have a keyboard =)
In
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...47#post1924147
and in pdf file there is not explained the way to select the os
Sorry my english =P
Old 02-24-2012, 03:32 AM   #294
thomass
Wizard

Don't worry about that. There are lots of people in duokan forum who use Duokan on their Kindle 4NTs. So there "should" be a way to load it.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 AM   #295
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
It looks like they fixed this issue : link
Nope. I guess they fixed another bug related to the Chinese dictionary.
(Arabic and Hebrew still don't work either.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:56 AM   #296
Ronzinante
Ronzinante began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
I have not installed duokan 2012 on my k4 nt yet, because before install it i have to now how i can boot kindle os or duokan os without have a keyboard =)
In
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...47#post1924147
and in pdf file there is not explained the way to select the os
Sorry my english =P
At boot time you can press press "back" button to use duokan os or "home" button to use kindle os.
Ronzinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #297
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Nope. I guess they fixed another bug related to the Chinese dictionary.
(Arabic and Hebrew still don't work either.)
They didn't release it yet.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #298
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzinante View Post
At boot time you can press press "back" button to use duokan os or "home" button to use kindle os.
Thanks for the info
Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #299
antartide

In the duokantool for kindle 4 what do “Type 1″ and “Type 2″ stand for?
And another question, when i install duokan, menù are in english?

Last edited by antartide; 02-24-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #300
thomass
Wizard

update: 2012 R2

Version No.: 2012-02-23.C6413.rtm
Suitable models: kindle3, Kindle 4NT
Update time: 2012.02.24

OTA update is available
Packages:
more info about the update is on this page

see this post if you have any problem about installation or update

use this email address for your feedbacks: kindleuser@duokan.com

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf