Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
meehrcat
meehrcat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.meehrcat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.meehrcat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.meehrcat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3
converting an XML file (making a dictionary)

hey, i'm still new to this, so apologies if this is in the wrong place. Is there anyone who can advise on how i can go about converting an XML file to something readable by the Kindle? Done a bit of looking online but not found anything superhelpful yet. Appreciate any advice - more info here:

I was looking for a Swedish-English dictionary to use with my Kindle, but can't find one... So was wondering if i could make one from the open content at:

http://lexin.nada.kth.se/sve-eng.html

Where it's possible to download the whole thing as an XML file - which looks like this (as an example):

<word value="abaft" lang="en" class="ab"> <translation value="akter ut"/> </word>
<word value="abaft" lang="en" class="pp"> <translation value="akter om" comment="sjöterm"/> </word>
<word value="abandoned" lang="en" class="jj"> <translation value="lössläppt"/> <translation value="otyglad"/> <translation value="utsvävande"/> <translation value="fördärvad"/> <example value="otyglat beteende"> <translation value="abandoned behaviour"/> </example> </word>
meehrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Have you seen the "Indexes and Dictionaries" section under http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...Folder=prcgen?

You might be able to use XSLT to write a conversion, if you are good at XSLT (which is kind of a pain). Or, you might have to parse out the XML, then output the appropriate HTML for conversion. Perl has several goog XML parsers (I like XML::Twig).
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Mick_Belgium
Mick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3
Hey Meehrcat, have you come up with something in the meantime? I'm looking for a SWE-EN dictionary for my Kindle, too. Thanks in advance!
Mick_Belgium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, dictionary, kindle, swedish, xml files