Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Marmite
Marmite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Marmite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Marmite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Vox eReader
Tablet Upgrade Error

I recently had bought for me a Kobo Vox eReader. On taking it out of the box and trying to do the initial set up I found that I kept getting an error message when it was trying to do an update. After trying everything that people were advising me I decided to contact Kobo directly. They sent me an email with a link to an update file. I did this which took 5 minutes and everything seems to be working great now. I have copied and pasted the email that was sent to me below. Hope this helps anyone else with similar issues.

1. Please download and save the file to your computer from: http://download.kobobooks.com/vox/update.zip
-Please do not Unzip the file
2. Once the File is saved, please plug your Kobo Vox, into the computer and select Turn on USB Mass Storage.
3. When the window pops up, please select Open to View File Folders. If the Window does not open, please go into “My Computer” and select the Kobo Vox.
4. Once Open, please drag and drop the Kobo Vox Update File into the main page of the File Folders (Please ensure that you do not place it into an existing folder.)
5. Once the file is loaded, please select “Turn off USB Mass Storage” on the Kobo Vox, and unplug.
6. Restart the Kobo Vox.
Once you restart the Kobo Vox, you will see that it will start updating the Operating Software Right Away. If you had performed a Factory Reset, after the update, it will still ask you to setup your eReader, and check for updates. It should then check for updates and proceed to the next step. If you have any issue, please feel free to contact us back, and we will be happy to assist.
Marmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
thequeen
thequeen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox eReader
Angry Table Upgrade Error

Helpful, clear, easy instructions. Onward to the world of the Kobo Vox eReader.
thequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
metalhead144
metalhead144 began at the beginning.

Device: PANDIGITAL 9" NOVEL, Kobo Vox
Thanks very much for sharing this info with us, my Vox had exactly the same problem happen yesterday. I ran the update, just like instructions said, and now it is working fine!!
YAAAAYYYYY!!!
metalhead144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Magsrs
Magsrs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Vox update error

I bought this device yesterday & was hugely frustrated & disappointed with the update problem. Followed your help & at last It seems I can start using it. You are a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmite View Post
I recently had bought for me a Kobo Vox eReader. On taking it out of the box and trying to do the initial set up I found that I kept getting an error message when it was trying to do an update. After trying everything that people were advising me I decided to contact Kobo directly. They sent me an email with a link to an update file. I did this which took 5 minutes and everything seems to be working great now. I have copied and pasted the email that was sent to me below. Hope this helps anyone else with similar issues.

1. Please download and save the file to your computer from: http://download.kobobooks.com/vox/update.zip
-Please do not Unzip the file
2. Once the File is saved, please plug your Kobo Vox, into the computer and select Turn on USB Mass Storage.
3. When the window pops up, please select Open to View File Folders. If the Window does not open, please go into “My Computer” and select the Kobo Vox.
4. Once Open, please drag and drop the Kobo Vox Update File into the main page of the File Folders (Please ensure that you do not place it into an existing folder.)
5. Once the file is loaded, please select “Turn off USB Mass Storage” on the Kobo Vox, and unplug.
6. Restart the Kobo Vox.
Once you restart the Kobo Vox, you will see that it will start updating the Operating Software Right Away. If you had performed a Factory Reset, after the update, it will still ask you to setup your eReader, and check for updates. It should then check for updates and proceed to the next step. If you have any issue, please feel free to contact us back, and we will be happy to assist.
Magsrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
FricFrac
FricFrac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 & VOX
Exactly what I was looking for to fix the mother-in-law's brand new Kobo. You get Karma and I get Brownie Points - win/win! Now I just need to unbrick my daughter's phone.... if only it was as easy as the Kobo
FricFrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Schmoozy
Lost in the Rockies!
Schmoozy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wi-fi, Kobo Vox, IPAD 4
Thanks for these instructions. I was getting pretty frustrated.
Schmoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Thank you for offering this a public service.
But I wonder why Kobo isn't offering this themselves.
We shouldn't need to rely on the kindness of strangers in the user community for this kind of thing.

Kobo should step up and support their products!

Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laridae View Post
Thank you for offering this a public service.
But I wonder why Kobo isn't offering this themselves.
We shouldn't need to rely on the kindness of strangers in the user community for this kind of thing.

Kobo should step up and support their products!

kobo did! (8 days before this thread started)

https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/top...ox_update_link
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #9
parmantom
parmantom began at the beginning.

Device: none
Followed Marmite's useful instructions but

I could not get the kobo vox to download originally like others - followed the new instructions fine and successful message received - the machine then wanted to go through the usual setup and auto download it is this that continues to generate an error - so it says successfully downloaded [the zip file] but then still cant progress...

many thanks for any advice
parmantom is offline   Reply With Quote