Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Kthiss
Kthiss began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Hello and Ummm...Reading Light?

Greetings All,

I have been lurking for some time, but now I have a question.

I can lurk no more.

A friend at work is looking into purchasing an eBook Reader.

She was initially interested in a Kindle, having played with one belonging to someone else in my building.

The she saw my Sony 700. She loved the touch screen, the size, feel, and most of all the integrated reading light. But Sony no longer sells the 700.

She hates buying batteries for little clip-on lights.

Soooo..the question:

Does any other eBook Readers still being manufactured have a built in reading light?

Thank you for your time.
Kthiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
The 700 is the only one with a built in light. But if it's the battery issue, I have the Mighty Bright Flex LED that has a rechargeable battery.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I have a 700 and use reading lights on my 505 & 600. My suggestion it to get lithium AAA batteries. She'll likely not have to change then for about a year. The only one I know that makes them is Energizer.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
Lithium batteries should last a long time, as mentioned by SolRaven. Alternately, use rechargeable Nimh AAA batteries:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...TAGHKZ57PC0PX4

(sorry for the awful link)....These do recharge (rechargers cost at least $15 but can be used for rechargeable AA batteries in all your devices), and battery life on nimh batteries is excellent. I use them in external flashes on my camera.

In fairness, lithium are probably just easier.
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote