Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #301
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Read up, about three posts.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #302
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Read up, about three posts.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-04-2014 at 03:30 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #303
Zombater
Enthusiast
Zombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
guys.
Zombater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #304
Zombater
Enthusiast
Zombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheese

Wait I don't get it, whats zcat?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #305
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombater View Post
Wait I don't get it, whats zcat?
Google knows.

It is a special software used in the distribution of software.
Advert
Old 09-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #306
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's a cat with a funny hat.

(Seriously, google is your friend. gzip filtered cat. Potentially smarter than just gzip, depending on the system and trickery involved with a specific environment).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-08-2014 at 03:52 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #307
knc1
Going Viral

Missed that answer the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-the-cat-in-the-hat-logo.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	128074  
Old 09-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #308
deltathing
deltathing began at the beginning.

Device: k4
Hi guys, firstly a huge thanks to Geekmaster and everyone involved, this has helped me to realise a project I am working on..
with limited coding knowledge I have managed to stumble my way through getting this up and running on my kindle4, and have encoded my own video to play too.

I wonder if someone can answer a couple of questions for me..

is there a way to enact an endless video loop? untill the process is killed by me?
my plan is to have 3 devices simultaneously playing separate video loops, can anyone recommend the most efficient way of doing this?
thanks
deltathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #309
Zombater
Enthusiast

I'm using this with KUAL. Why doesn't it work? I have PW2.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #310
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I'm using this with KUAL. Why doesn't it work? I have PW2.
http://www.gerv.net/hacking/how-to-ask-good-questions/
Old 09-12-2014, 03:11 AM   #311
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltathing View Post
is there a way to enact an endless video loop? untill the process is killed by me?
Place the "producer" side or the whole instruction in a loop, I'd say:
Code:
while true; do zcat vid.gmv.gz; done | ./gmplay
or
Code:
while true; do zcat vid.gmv.gz | ./gmplay; done
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #312
knc1
Going Viral

The second suggestion will probably work better than the first one.
Try it first, less chance that Busybox ash will do something strange.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #313
Zombater
Enthusiast

Seriously now, you're just being rude. I searched up zcat all I can find is linux stuff, so I asked a basic question.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #314
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
You need to supply more info.
#2 on the site knc1 linked.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #315
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Seriously now, you're just being rude. I searched up zcat all I can find is linux stuff, so I asked a basic question.
Ah, what do you think your Kindle is running if not Linux?

All questions need proper context, none of us can read your mind.