Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
JimLL
Cynic
JimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle
Multi-part HTML problem

When I produce HTML from a text document, it ends up with one un-numbered base HTML file plus as many numbered HTML files as there are chapters in my document. I open the base file with Sigil and it displays a list of chapter links.

But when I click a chapter link I get an error saying there is no such file as "xyz1.html or xyz2.html" Same with all of them.

I tried copying all the HTLM files into the Sigil folder, but it still says they don't exist.

I would expect that Sigil would look for the numbered files in the same place it got the base file but...

Where IS Sigil looking for them? Or does it not even know how to handle multiple HTMLs?
JimLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil just follows the links in the html file you first open to find the rest of the files.

What do the href paths look like in the links from the main file to the chapter files?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLL View Post
When I produce HTML from a text document, it ends up with one un-numbered base HTML file plus as many numbered HTML files as there are chapters in my document. I open the base file with Sigil and it displays a list of chapter links.

But when I click a chapter link I get an error saying there is no such file as "xyz1.html or xyz2.html" Same with all of them.

I tried copying all the HTLM files into the Sigil folder, but it still says they don't exist.

I would expect that Sigil would look for the numbered files in the same place it got the base file but...

Where IS Sigil looking for them? Or does it not even know how to handle multiple HTMLs?
Because Sigil standardizes the structure:

references all have: "../Text/yourfilhere.html", "../Images/yourimagehere.jpg", "../Styles/yourstylesheethere.css"

and FWIW references with only (relative, which is legal) "#youridhere" are problematic with any splitting
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote