Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Any idea what time on Friday the IPAD goes on preorder

hopefully Best Buy will allow Paypal preorder, though they're sometimes a bit touchy about preorder items. I have a feeling this preorder thing could degrade into a fiasco pretty quick. Wish Newegg was selling the Ipad.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
hopefully Best Buy will allow Paypal preorder, though they're sometimes a bit touchy about preorder items. I have a feeling this preorder thing could degrade into a fiasco pretty quick. Wish Newegg was selling the Ipad.
Preorder will only be available through Apple initially. BestBuy will not be selling it until after the official launch.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
I have a feeling this preorder thing could degrade into a fiasco pretty quick
There's nothing like being positive!

Tamara is 100% correct - but why wouldn't you want to order throught he Apple Store? Their tracking is great, and I bet you have it on launch day (unlike us haples Brits!). Unless you have oodles of eBay proceeds squirreled away in you PayPal account, I don't see the difference between using a card to top up PayPal, or using a card directly on the Apple website.

When it is launched here, I will be in the line at the Apple Store! There's nothing like immediate gratification
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I'm not getting one, but I hope they were forward thinking enough to have a good amount available at launch. To me it kills momentum to have something instantly out of stock... On the other hand, the shortage of Wii's sure did fuel huge sales.......

Here's hoping for a successful and happy launch for buyer's and sellers!
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

only thing stopping me from getting one from the Apple store is i need to use Paypal balance (not debit or some other funding device). Anyways i'm sure someone that takes paypal will offer them up eventually.
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
@Krighton, I hear you about paypal..... I like to do everything online using it, because it helps security issues...............
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
krighton
Addict

plus it's my 'fun money' doesn't cut into the household budget....money raised from selling my old junk to buy brand new junk.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
krighton
Addict

guess it doesn't matter, preorders this morning...no paypal no sale...i'll wait for some type of all in one tablet/computer to come out (maybe the mythical courier or hp slate), though i'm by nature very impatient so might pull the trigger sooner than later.