Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i like your suggested profiles vr. perhaps all of them could be appropriate at different times. except for the middle one in the next-to-last row, obviously ; that one will NEVER be appropriate !!!
What you've never crawled the "web"? What about inviting a man into your "web".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #32
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
you are looking for new candidates for "most boring book" perhaps ?

i like your suggested profiles vr. perhaps all of them could be appropriate at different times. except for the middle one in the next-to-last row, obviously ; that one will NEVER be appropriate !!!
Middle one, second row. Something you're not telling us, yer majesty?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What you've never crawled the "web"? What about inviting a man into your "web".

BOb
i really hope no man has ever seen me like that !!! (also, i prefer to call it an "appartment" ) as for crawling the web... i don't crawl, i browse, in which case maybe a horse or cow would be better, or i surf, which brings a different but obvious image to mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Middle one, second row. Something you're not telling us, yer majesty?
not so far, but you never know, right ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #34
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Leave it to you to take my serious silly thread and transform it into some bacon loving unutterably silly thread. You kind is under appreciated here.

BOb
Sorry, BOb. I just felt we were lacking some important information. I also think we need some more details to really get it right. For example, which is one is the correct profile detail for Zelda currently and which one is our prefered final version?

Favorite Snack:

A. Mushroom Soup
B. Chocolate
C. The SHUMS
D. Pear Tart
E. Paris Brest
F. Marble Cake
G. Vegamite Sandwich
H. Cockroaches
I. Sweet Baby Jesus on a Cracker

Once again, I may have left out some important possibilities so please provide them if you know them.

Also, I think I left out some important profile possibilities earlier. So here are a few more:

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #35
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
you are looking for new candidates for "most boring book" perhaps ?
That would depend on how I wrote it, wouldn't it (and how enamoured I am of those trifling details like "facts", "continuity" and "reality"(*))?

Cheers,
Marc
(* The answer to that being, for those who don't know me very well, "not very")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #36
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
That would depend on how I wrote it, wouldn't it (and how enamoured I am of those trifling details like "facts", "continuity" and "reality"(*))?
Yes, never let the facts ruin a good biography.

BOb
Old 04-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #37
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Yes, never let the facts ruin a good biography.

BOb
"This is a true story. Only the facts have been changed"
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
(* The answer to that being, for those who don't know me very well, "not very")
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
"This is a true story. Only the facts have been changed"
"and in a surprising turnaround, today the former candidate for "most boring book" shot to the top of the best seller list, despite critics' bemusement in the face of the avowedly fictional biography... the book, published this week, is only available as an ebook, making its success all the more impressive. high praise for "biographer" Dr. Montsnmags."
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #39
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
"and in a surprising turnaround, today the former candidate for "most boring book" shot to the top of the best seller list, despite critics' bemusement in the face of the avowedly fictional biography... the book, published this week, is only available as an ebook, making its success all the more impressive. high praise for "biographer" Dr. Montsnmags."
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #40
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
What's this obsession with Zelda?
How about y'all rename this board "zeldareads" ... at least then we'd know why everyone is constantly fussing about zelda ... she'd be the one the forum is named after.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #41
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm not obsessed. I take fluoxetine in large doses and the obsessions went away. Here's a prescription.

$300, please, you can pay the laddy at the door.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #42
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
How about y'all rename this board "zeldareads" ... at least then we'd know why everyone is constantly fussing about zelda ... she'd be the one the forum is named after.
Why the obsession with the obsession with Zelda? Perhaps you need some help?

BOb
Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #43
YGG-
Dry fruit

Quote:
Why the obsession with the obsession with Zelda? Perhaps you need some help?

BOb
What are those questions about the obsession with the obsession with Zelda?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #44
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Yes we are obsessed. Now we have 2 threads to work on.
How's this profile?

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
don't feel bad mores, it baffles me too.

wde, i like that profile very much.