Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #2086
abasba
abasba began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@abasba: Then try again from scratch, only setting up your own images after confirming everything works.

(i.e.,: uninstall, remove linkss folder, install, *stop and check*, then setup images if everything looks good).
Reinstalled after uninstalling.After restart the screensaver came which approves you installed mod.After I copied my owl picture and restarted amazon stock pictures started to show up.
I am started to drive mad.
What am I doing wrong?
abasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #2087
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@abasba: Okay, so, time to dig into it.

What do you currently see in the linkss/screensavers folder?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #2088
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Are you using an Ad Supported (Special Offers) Kindle?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #2089
abasba

Quote:
@abasba: Okay, so, time to dig into it.

What do you currently see in the linkss/screensavers folder?
bg_ss00.png and owl1.png(which is my owl)
nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Are you using an Ad Supported (Special Offers) Kindle?
No, I just removed my ads before installing hack.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #2090
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by abasba View Post
nothing more

Did you go through Amazon to remove the ads?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #2091
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@abasba: Then you're clearly doing something wrong, somehow. You *cannot* end up with a file not following the naming scheme in that folder if the hack has run properly.

Do a framework restart via KUAL.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #2092
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasba View Post
nothing more

Your Kindle must have enough on-line time that Amazon's servers can update its local, internal, control files.

See step #7 spoiler on how to block forced updates before putting your Kindle on-line to sync with Amazon's customer database.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:06 AM   #2093
bsinh
bsinh began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
I successfully completed the new jailbreak for a pw3. When I add the kindle-python-0.14.N-pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.zip to the root. When I eject and unplug, the update kindle option is grayed out.

Anything I may be doing wrong?
bsinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:20 AM   #2094
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinh View Post
I successfully completed the new jailbreak for a pw3. When I add the kindle-python-0.14.N-pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.zip to the root. When I eject and unplug, the update kindle option is grayed out.

Anything I may be doing wrong?
Yeah you've missed a few steps, you are going to want to go back to the first post and read everything under Install (click on show spoiler to see all the information), paying close attention to the bits about installing on firmware 5.5.x and newer if you are trying to install on a Paperwhite 3.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:36 AM   #2095
abasba

Quote:
@abasba: Then you're clearly doing something wrong, somehow. You *cannot* end up with a file not following the naming scheme in that folder if the hack has run properly.

Do a framework restart via KUAL.
Lol, I didn't even know I have to rename like this.
Thanks for helping me and I am sorry about wasting your time.
Have A nice day!
Old 07-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #2096
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@abasba: You do *NOT* have to rename anything, the hack will do it for you. The fact that it hasn't proves that you've skipped a step .

@Kittyk4y: Yes, known issue, that the current snapshot release should have resolved.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:24 AM   #2097
notsoinsane
notsoinsane began at the beginning.

Device: KOA
Is it possible to get this working on my newly jailbroken KOA running 5.8.1.0.1?

EDIT: I tried the 7/12 nightly and it still does not seem to work

Last edited by notsoinsane; 07-14-2016 at 01:28 AM.
notsoinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #2098
knc1
Going Viral

Double posting is very strongly discourage in this forum (and against the site guidelines).

See my reply to your original post.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=476

If you have problems, we need a lot more information than "does not work" -
For guidance, see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272087
Old 07-16-2016, 01:30 AM   #2099
Elucidator
Elucidator began at the beginning.

Device: Elucidator
This doesn't work on my newly jailbroken Kindle Touch 3 (aka Kindle 8th Generation). Any chance of an update?
Elucidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #2100
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Elucidator: Use the force^Wsnapshots .

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch