Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #2056
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@masteranza: That's usually because one (or more) of the images in your pool is not to the taste of the framework.

Double-check that every last one of them is properly processed as required .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:39 PM   #2057
masteranza
masteranza began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
@NiLuJe I've been testing it by setting just one image and the issue persists. Also those screenshots used to work properly years ago and all are of the same resolution.

Edit: Also suddenly (I've needed to deregister and register the device) I started getting this when trying to access KUAL.

Edit 2: it's ok again, after restart. The issue with screenshots persists. Could it be because of "kual-gawk-1.5.N" installed? if so, how do I remove it?

Last edited by masteranza; 07-08-2016 at 05:51 PM.
masteranza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #2058
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteranza View Post
@NiLuJe I've been testing it by setting just one image and the issue persists. Also those screenshots used to work properly years ago and all are of the same resolution.

Edit: Also suddenly (I've needed to deregister and register the device) I started getting this when trying to access KUAL.
Known, expected, documented, behavior.
(PW2) -> reinstall MKK package
(anything newer) -> reinstall the 'hotfix' package
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #2059
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@masteranza: Note that you *have* to restart the framework to get out of this, once it hits a bad image, it's "stuck" on being broken for everything else until restarted.

FWIW, I updated my PW2 to 5.8.1 to test the latest snapshots, and everything looks okay on my end.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #2060
masteranza

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Known, expected, documented, behavior.
(PW2) -> reinstall MKK package
(anything newer) -> reinstall the 'hotfix' package
Wait, how do I install MKK package? there's no PW2 .bin file...
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #2061
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteranza View Post
Hi, I've successfully jailbroke PW2, installed KUAL and upgraded to 5.8.1. It seemed to work on the beginning (at least once), but then it stopped working (the screen LED's simply turn off) after that I've been trying to find a way to make it work and for now the only thing that's bringing it back temporarily (just for turning it off once, then it breaks again) is the KUAL button 'Reset to defualt behaviour' and 'Clear personal info cache' and subsequent menu->settings->reset.

Can anyone help me with this? I can't find any log files nor error messages coming from linkss.
When is the last time you charged your kindle?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #2062
masteranza

Today. It's fully charged.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #2063
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@masteranza: It's universal, IIRC, hence the lack of device names.

You can also install the hotfix, since you're on FW 5.8.1, it's functionally identical.

Simply rebooting your device should also achieve exactly the same thing (and, regarding your issue, will also get you out of the "stuck on a broken image" loop, if you tweaked your image pool).
Old 07-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #2064
masteranza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@masteranza: It's universal, IIRC, hence the lack of device names.

You can also install the hotfix, since you're on FW 5.8.1, it's functionally identical.

Simply rebooting your device should also achieve exactly the same thing (and, regarding your issue, will also get you out of the "stuck on a broken image" loop, if you tweaked your image pool).
Thanks, I've just reinstalled the hotfix using KUAL (it started working after restart), but screensavers are still broken...

Last edited by masteranza; 07-08-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #2065
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@masteranza: Then triple-check how they're encoded, and make sure you boot with the device unplugged.

That they used to work at one point is irrelevant, the framework is very fickle on that particular point .

Once you've identified the issue and have fixed your files, a reboot or framework restart will be needed to get unstuck.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #2066
masteranza

Quote:
@masteranza: Then triple-check how they're encoded, and make sure you boot with the device unplugged.

That they used to work at one point is irrelevant, the framework is very fickle on that particular point .

Once you've identified the issue and have fixed your files, a reboot or framework restart will be needed to get unstuck.
Thanks, right now I've uninstalled python, uninstalled linkss and trying to install it again clean and see whether the default linkss screensaver works reliably.
I'll update soon...
Old 07-08-2016, 06:22 PM   #2067
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@masteranza: You'll have to remove the linkss folder manually for that (unless you flagged for complete uninstall in KUAL first).
Old 07-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #2068
masteranza

Quote:
@masteranza: You'll have to remove the linkss folder manually for that (unless you flagged for complete uninstall in KUAL first).
Yes, I've noticed that - thank you.
So after reinstall it seems to work. I'll need to look at my files closely. It's funny that they used to work years ago on that device.
What encoding do I need on PW2?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #2069
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
See FGA thread, top post
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #2070
masteranza

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
See FGA thread, top post
Thanks, so what's wrong with this file?
or this one (smaller in kb)?

Last edited by masteranza; 07-08-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch