Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of the current MobileRead Logo
I love it, it must never be changed, my personal world would fall off its axis! 1 1.08%
It's fine the way it is. 8 8.60%
I'd kinda like to see something else. 72 77.42%
I hate it as I hate roaches, as I loathe the scum growing inside disused toilets, as .... 7 7.53%
*I* would like to design a new one! I'll attach it below when I get something! 5 5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #46
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
Quote:
I think we're onto something here! What about the original book, with the binary on the pages, and inside the magnifier it says ... wait for it ... "MobileRead"?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:59 PM   #47
Wis
Weasel
Wis began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Dumdidum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	micro3.gif
Views:	387
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	5092  
Wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #48
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
I think we should not have the paper-looking book in the logo, since that's not really what we're about. Despite the little bubble thing, the overall look is still a regular book. I think this one makes the case stronger that we do "e" books, not regular books.

Quote:
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #49
europas_ice
Groupie

BTW, I'm curious what software you guys are using to make these logos?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #50
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
I hope the new logo keeps the "Neptune Rings". That's what I notice, not the device in the center.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2007, 07:02 PM   #51
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think the rings should stay too, in some form, anyway. That is one of the things that is 'defining' of MobileRead to me too.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #52
mercury7
mercury7 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by europas_ice View Post
I use Photoshop.

What do you guys think of this direction?
eBook in hand () | happy tree (Meaning: no dead trees -- maybe the tree needs a smile?) | out and about (MobileRead)

Last edited by mercury7; 08-24-2007 at 07:14 PM.
mercury7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #53
europas_ice
Groupie

Who made the original logo, and is there an editable file of it we could work with?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #54
europas_ice
Groupie

If people want to keep the rings, maybe just a small change to the device in the center is in order.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:21 PM   #55
mercury7

Here are some rings...

Old 08-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #56
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by europas_ice View Post
Photoshop here, too.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:26 PM   #57
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
I like the crisp look of your effort mercury7. Some have talked about incorporating ones and zeros; could that be done with out making it look too cluttered?
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #58
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Why Not? View Post
I like the crisp look of your effort mercury7. Some have talked about incorporating ones and zeros; could that be done with out making it look too cluttered?
I agree, I'd like to see that too. I'm too scatterbrained and busy right now to diddle with Photoshop myself...not that I'm that good but sometimes I stumble upon something nice.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #59
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My thought on this is something that is simple and visually indicative of what we're doing, but less hardware-specific:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MRlogo.gif
Views:	377
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	5108  
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #60
mercury7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Why Not? View Post
How about this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	logo2_digital.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	5109