Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of the current MobileRead Logo
I love it, it must never be changed, my personal world would fall off its axis! 1 1.08%
It's fine the way it is. 8 8.60%
I'd kinda like to see something else. 72 77.42%
I hate it as I hate roaches, as I loathe the scum growing inside disused toilets, as .... 7 7.53%
*I* would like to design a new one! I'll attach it below when I get something! 5 5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #16
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
give me 2 weeks, and i will try to design a new logo. But i am too busy to do it right now.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #17
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
I agree that it should be changed from looking like a cell phone to looking like something having to do with ebooks. I don't know how to make logos though.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I agree, a new logo is in order, but it doesn't have to look just like a dedicated reader. Keep in mind, people read on different devices... the key is "mobile," not dedicated.

I'll give a new logo a shot... I've already got an idea or two. Give me a week or two, and I'll send what I come up with!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The new logo doesn't have to be designed right now. Take some time to have a think. Even if you may not be good at actually making the logo, an idea of what it might be might give someone else the help needed to do a nice logo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #20
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm with Jon... it will be great to see what people come up with, whether rough or finished.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 AM   #21
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
I'd like to see something else too. I mean, the mobile phone even has an antenna! How...5 minutes ago

Seriously though, I'd love to see something else too and I'll see if I have any inspiration this weekend. Kinda busy with work that pays the bills right now
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #22
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
I don't think I would focus on reader hardware as much as the e-book concept, but that's just me. I'm a newcomer here, so my vote isn't worth a whole lot.

Something like an open book with a magnified spot on one page revealing 1's and 0's might be cool.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #23
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
I don't think I would focus on reader hardware as much as the e-book concept, but that's just me. I'm a newcomer here, so my vote isn't worth a whole lot.

Something like an open book with a magnified spot on one page revealing 1's and 0's might be cool.
That is a positively good idea!

This is the kind of input needed for those who'll do the drawings. We need direction and criticism but mostly positive imaging... More!

When I do design for others, I always bang my nose against the same wall. People have more knowlege of what they don't like than what they do like. So you draw with suggestions of what you think the person wants, only to hear "Idon't like it" Then you go back to modify or do something totally different. Arrrgh!

Although I've joked around, the MR logo has become a symbol in my dayly routines, that represents anticipation towards "a good feeling is about to happen". Fits well with the expression "It grows on you".
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:36 AM   #24
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Well you have enough space to show alot of readers there: the Sony, the iLiad, my Axim, gasp the iphone
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Probably best not to show recognisably-specific devices. That way you don't need to change the logo when new things appear.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #26
lexico
Lexicographer
lexico began at the beginning.

Device: IBM X 41 T, Samsung D500, Nokia N 800
It's definitely looking a bit dated...

Maybe something based on an icon for a turnable page (one or two partly-turned corners) but in a sleek package. View partly from side/above to show it's sleek and slim...

lex
lexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #27
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
It was fine with me, but if you want to change it, maybe a book on legs. Many legs. like The Luggage.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post

Your vote is worth as much as everyone else's.

And actually, your idea for the logo is an interesting one. I'd like to see what someone could do with it.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
It was fine with me, but if you want to change it, maybe a book on legs. Many legs. like The Luggage.
I've pictured the luggage a bit different. More like a suitcase made of sapient wood with legs.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #30
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Since we're on the web, an animated logo would be Tops! How about something like diabloNL's avatar as an idea? Without the PRS of course.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote