Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Please recommend a good Android-related discussion forum

I already know about http://www.xda-developers.com, which I appreciate a lot, but which seems to be more device specific. I'm wondering if there is another one that is focused on using the OS and apps, where all Android users can congregate and share ideas, tips, recommendations, evaluations etc.--someplace friendly (like Mobile Read), where the high level users help out the mid-level users, and the mid-level users are willing to help out the newbies; someplace where you don't get insulted just because you asked a question; hopefully, someplace with a useful wiki or FAQ.

Any recommendations? Thanks.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I can't tell you if it's friendly, helpful, or otherwise...and it seems to specialize in tablets, which may not be what you want... but have you tried SlateDroid?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
If you speak french, frandroid.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
AndroidCentral.com
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
If anyone else is wondering about this and know Swedish I would recommend looking into Swedroid: http://www.swedroid.se/forum/

Sorry, it's not in English SlowRain.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Thanks for the replies.

Just for the record, I'd like to say that I hate all you multi-lingual people . You make me feel so inadequate . I can't even hang out on the Chinese Android forums, and that's my so-called second language. However, it's a good idea to include all languages in this thread, just specify which.

Has anyone ever tried Android and Me, Phandroid, or Android Forums, all of which are in English?

Last edited by SlowRain; 10-10-2010 at 11:02 PM.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
Not me. I can also reccomend android tablet forums. They have a number of the same posters as slateroid, which seems to be the most vibrant forum in my limited experience.

John
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
Has anyone ever tried Android and Me, Phandroid, or Android Forums, all of which are in English?
I hang out at Android Forums. It's mainly phone-oriented, but you can pick up a lot of good information there. I recently rooted my phone using instructions posted there.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I check in on these two almost daily:

http://androidforums.com/
and
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #10
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
See Force Close. Note, however, that, although it is very good, it focuses on asking questions and getting answers, rather than general discussion.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote