Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
FREE Stephen King short story with pre-order [Kindle]

Saw this on the Amazon forums and so far, I can only find this offer on Amazon. I checked Fictionwise, Books on Board and Sony Connect. Just because I didn't find elsewhere doesn't mean a similar offer won't pop up in the next few days or weeks.

Anyway here's the deal.

Quote:
Stephen King's Short Story "N"
Pre-Order the Hardcover, Collector's Edition, Audio CD, or Kindle Edition of Just After Sunset and receive the previously unpublished short story "N." delivered wirelessly to your Kindle. Here's how. (Restrictions apply).
Quote:
Just After Sunset Kindle Promotion

Terms and Conditions
• Pre-order from Amazon.com any of one of the eligible products.
• Pre-order must be placed by November 11, 2008.
• The eligible products consist of the book Just After Sunset by Stephen King in the Hardcover edition, Collector's Edition, Audio edition, and Kindle edition offered for sale by Amazon.com. Third party merchant offers are not eligible.
• You must own an Amazon Kindle device and have registered it on Amazon.com to your account before you place your pre-order.
• The short story "N." by Stephen King will be delivered wirelessly to your Amazon Kindle device on or after September 2, 2008. (see below for delivery information).
• Promotional offer valid through November 11, 2008.
• Promotion applies only to eligible products listed above.
• Offer must be redeemed at our Web site, http://www.amazon.com.
• Offer may not be used in conjunction with the purchase of products sold by or under the brands of third parties, including, but not limited to, Target.com, or any other merchants, or sold through third-party areas such as Amazon Marketplace. If Amazon.com is not the seller, this will be noted on the product detail page.
• Offer cannot be redeemed at Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, or any other Web site operated by Amazon.com, its affiliates, or third-party merchants (including Web sites linked to from the http://www.amazon.com site).
• One offer per customer.
• No substitutions or rain checks.
• Shipping and handling charges apply to all eligible products.
• Void where prohibited.
• Delivery of the short story "N." by Stephen King will occur wirelessly to the Amazon Kindle device registered to the Amazon account through which the eligible products are purchased, and to Your Media Library associated with that account. If at the time of delivery, your device does not have wireless connectivity, the benefit will be available for you to access in Your Media Library.
• The delivery and your use of the short story "N." are subject to the terms of the Amazon Kindle license agreement and terms of use.
• Amazon.com reserves the right to remove the short story "N." from Your Media Library and Kindle in the event that you return any of the eligible products or cancel your pre-order.
I've placed my pre-order and am waiting for the short story to download. It doesn't seem to be instantaneous like regular purchases. I don't know how long it will take. I let you know when I receive it.

Edit: It just arrived after a 15 minute delay (I'm so spoiled by instantaneous Whispernet downloads).

Last edited by daffy4u; 09-18-2008 at 11:50 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I am not a big Stephen King fan, but I have been listening & watching the story "N" on my iPod Touch as a subscription from iTunes.

Plenty creepy.

Thanks for the heads up, daffy!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
The book INCLUDES the short story N

"Book Description
In Just After Sunset Stephen King delivers an astonishing collection of short stories, his first since Everything's Eventual six years ago. One of the longer stories in this book, "N." recently broke ground when it was adapted as a graphic digital entertainment and brought to vibrant life through a series of 25 video episodes"

So it's not an exclusive in that only Amazon buyers get the story N... everyone gets it eventually when the book is released. A bit different than this thread makes it sound
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're right, you just get it a couple of months before the book is released. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I am not a big Stephen King fan, but I have been listening & watching the story "N" on my iPod Touch as a subscription from iTunes.

Plenty creepy.

Thanks for the heads up, daffy!

I downloaded the widget with story. I can guarantee you I won't be counting certain items... ever.
Advert