Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #241
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a Sony Reader PRS-650 I can show off in the Boston area if anyone is interested.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #242
Inagua
Inagua began at the beginning.

Device: pb pro 903
Pocketbook 903 Mannheim and Düsseldorf, Germany.
It's much more likely to meet me in Mannheim, though.
Inagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #243
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
*raises a hand* Kindle 3 Wi-Fi in Victoria, BC.

I also have a colleague with a Kobo who might be persuaded to come along for coffee. (But act soon... she's retiring in 2 months :-)
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #244
Murre
Connoisseur
Murre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five words

Device: Nook
The chances are SLIM but I'm gonna try anyways
I would like to see any e-reader at all to get a notion of what I can expect.
Would be great if it could be one that supports epub (since I got alot of those).
I live in Lund, Sweden and could easily go to say Malmö.
Murre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #245
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
anyone with eReader in or around Parramatta area Sydney??
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #246
igormorgado
Reader
igormorgado began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Pocketbook 902 in Rio de Janeiro/Brazil.. if you want to check it out just PM me (and buy me a cup of coffe ;-)
igormorgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #247
captainralf
Enthusiast
captainralf began at the beginning.

Device: soon a good one ;-)
eInk Reader 9+'' screen

Now this is a fabulous idea!

Living in the middle of nowhere between Hamburg and Luebeck in Germany, I don't expect anybody to be right around the corner, but I could go to Hamburg, Luebeck and the smaller communities wedged b/n them...

Anybody out there?
captainralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 AM   #248
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Heh, this thread was a good idea that doesn't seem to have amounted to much. If anyone wants to buy me lunch in NE Ohio, I'd be willing to show off my Nook Color, dual-booting Barnes & Noble's latest stock OS and CyanogenMod 7, an Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 build that runs off a microSD card without rooting or otherwise affecting your warranty. Just shoot me a PM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:53 AM   #249
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I'm not sure if any moderators are keeping an eye on this, but... how about renaming it "See a device OR COVER in a café near you"? There may be people who are keen to see (say) the Kindle lighted cover, rather than the Kindle per se, or to check out what one of the tooled leather covers by Oberon looks like :-)
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:51 AM   #250
feelfine
feelfine began at the beginning.

Device: iliad book edition
Here is Hamburg as well. I already own Iliad and would really love to see some PocketBook or newer Kindle in Action. Greetings.
feelfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #251
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Pocketbook 360 Plus - Vancouver, BC

If anyone wants to see the new Pocketbook 360 Plus in the GVRD, send me a message. I can bring along a BeBook Mini as well.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #252
Jar Jar Binks
Enthusiast
Jar Jar Binks began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650 And PRS 350 Yay I got it !!! I got it !!! I'm in love.
I have a sony PRS650 and 350 if anyone in the Lindsay Ontario Canada area is interested in seeing one of them up close and personal.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #253
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'll update my status. I have a 650 in the Boston area.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #254
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
the link in the first post doesn't work now, does it?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/frappr.php
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #255
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Kindle 3, Loulé, Algarve, Portugal

Hey there, don't know if there's anyone interested in seeing a Kindle around Loulé, Faro, Quarteira or nearby but I'm offering to show it off. I know I would've liked I had the opportunity to see one in action before buying it. It also has Duokan installed if you want to see the alternative OS too

Now as for me, I would like to see any 9" e-reader, Pocketbook Pro 902/903, Onyx M91S/M90, or any other one.

Also if you have any e-reader (or just want to see how a dedicated reader is) and just want to share experiences and meetup I would gladly do that too
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show