Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #46
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
I didn't read all posts, but I see some mention parents what about siblings?

My sister and I have a lot of the same tastes and I have always shared my books with her.

I gave her my old sony reader and it is still linked to my account so there wouldn't be a problem there as long as she has the password.

I do have all my ebooks and music backed up on a few hard drives and back up several times a month.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #47
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
All of you are 100% correct.

With the exception of a couple of pots & dishes, most of my mothers belonging went into the trash when we cleaned out her apartment. Why anyone would think that your children or grandchildren would be interested in reading your books or listening to your songs is beyond me. And if they do, then make sure to strip the drm from them like I do & the problem is solved.

Trust me, with such limited space as most apartments & houses have these days you don't want or need to accumulate more (old) stuff from others.

I think most people who see my condo probably think that I live a very spartan life, but I have learned the hard way after cleaning out my mothers & older brothers apts. that I don't want my last remaining brother to give himself a heart attack lugging a bunch of old dusty romance novels down to the dumpster.

I dumped the majority of them myself when I moved here in 2008. Anything that was in my storage locker at my old building went straight into the garbage. I didn't see the sense of lugging it from one storage locker to another.

If I ever have to move again or if someone has to clean out my condo, they won't have a lot of work to do!
I loved the old books & records & photos & magazines & other ephemera that I found stored in my grandparents' houses. I read Horatio Alger when I was 6 years old. I read Conan Doyle's White Company when I was 9 or 10. I read the Rubaiyat. I read the Tarzan books before they were rediscovered in the 60s. That's where I first read the Wizard of Oz. Heck, that's where I found the Richard Haliburton Seven Wonders books, and the first science book I remember reading, One, Two, Three - Infinity.

Yeah, I know it's all eventually dust in the wind, but I'd like a little of my dust to blow into my grandchildren's eyes, as did my grandparents in mine.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert