Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Readerirv
Readerirv began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, Pocket Edge, Kindle
Entourage Pocket EDGe and Amazon

I purchased an Entourage Pocket eDGe during yesterday's Woot sale. After reading the Woot forum discusssions I still cannot tell if there is a way to access the Amazon Kindle bookstore and download books to the E ink side of the eDGe so that they can be read oudoors. For example, I have a Kindle. Would a book purchased via myKindle also show up on the eDGE (e ink side). What if I purchased the book on the Amazon website using the eDGe as the initial purchasing device (assuming this is possible)?
Help would be appreciated from an eDGe veteran.
Readerirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi there, Readerirv!

First, welcome to MobileRead!

Second, welcome to the Pocket eDGe!

The eDGe has its own forum on MobileRead: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218 and, if you haven't discovered it yet, there is a forum at http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php you might want to peruse.

To answer your question (as best I can): You will probably want to download the Kindle app from the Amazon appstore directly to your eDGe. This allows you access to all your Kindle books and the Kindle store. It is a decent reader but it is not on the e-ink side. I am pretty sure there is no way to get the Amazon format (.azw?) books onto the e-ink side without removing the DRM (illegal?) and converting them to epub or pdf.

If forum registration gets debugged I will hope to see you on the enTourage eDGe forum where someone may have a better answer for you.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
amazon ebooks, entourage edge