Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
thelizzy
thelizzy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Several issues with PRS-300

My Sony PRS-300 (pink ) is giving me a fit tonight!

1. I can't get it to sync with Calibre. It keeps coming up with a permission denied error and communicating with device error (Errno 13).

2. It won't turn off once I disconnect it from the USB connection and keeps cycling between it's "loading" screen and "opening book" screen.

3. I tried pressing the reset button on the bottom of the reader, and nothing happened. I held it in for a good 30 seconds.

Please help me fix it!

Last edited by thelizzy; 08-27-2011 at 09:58 PM.
thelizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Hard Reset (PRS-350/650/950)

WARNING: A HARD RESET WILL ERASE ALL CONTENT ON THE READER.

1. Power off the Reader Digital Book.
NOTE: If the Reader Digital Book is active, you can slide and hold the power button until the Device Shutdown screen appears and then tap Yes to power it off.
2. On the bottom edge of the Reader Digital Book, using a thin object such as a paper clip, press the RESET button.

3. Turn on the Reader Digital Book.

4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold down the Previous Page Turn button and the Size button until the Reset All screen is displayed.
NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.
5. In the Reset All screen, press the OPTIONS button to delete all content, restore all factory settings, and clear the DRM authorization state.

Good luck
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
3. Turn on the Reader Digital Book.
Normally a Hard-Reset isn't necessary, but unlike any other electronic device, the screen of an e-ink reader won't go blank on pressing the reset button.
Rather than that, the last image displayed will stay in screen for an infinite amount of time!

So don't forget to switch it on again.
(Step #3 in above how to)
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, error message, prs 300, reset