Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
jago25_98
Zealot
jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: n35 p800 n30
Previous page screensaver

Waiting for the kobo to turn on is a bit of a pain.

So why not just have the screensaver stay on the last page read? That way you can read the page while waiting for it to turn on.

Is this possible on the kobo?

Is this possible on the nook?

Can a very simple hack add this ability for either ereader?
jago25_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
I can see management arguing that such a setup has the potential to confuse some users.
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jago25_98 View Post
Waiting for the kobo to turn on is a bit of a pain.
You don't say which Kobo you have.
I know that my Original Kobo took an eternity to turn on or wake up - so much so that I routinely turned it on and then did something else while I waited for it to come alive.
However my Touch takes less than 1 second to wake from sleeping and approximately 15 seconds to get to a reading page from powered off. As my battery life is fine with sleeping (wifi in airplane mode) that is what I do.

Now that the different models perform at such different levels I think it is important for people to identify what model they are writing about.
If you have a Touch and the wake up time is a pain then I think you have a problem that needs to be addressed rather than changing the sleep screen.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
My Kobo Touch takes about 1.5 minutes to wake up from off and check data before it is ready to read. Have about 20 books on micro sd card. To wake from sleep it takes 10 seconds. I don't use auto off any more only manually turn it off when not going to use it for hours. Didn't seem to save battery much anyway by turning it off. Maybe better next upgrade.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
My Kobo Touch takes about 1.5 minutes to wake up from off and check data before it is ready to read. Have about 20 books on micro sd card. To wake from sleep it takes 10 seconds. I don't use auto off any more only manually turn it off when not going to use it for hours. Didn't seem to save battery much anyway by turning it off. Maybe better next upgrade.
I was curious so I just timed mine. It takes 1-2 seconds to wake from sleep and about 20 seconds to go from off to on (I have a micro sc card with about 40 books on). Of course I have the wifi turned off - airplane mode- so I expect it would be a bit longer if the unit had to find the wireless connection and do its information exchange.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert