Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #31
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX graphite
I think the people from pocketbook are complete on the IFA. I don't know it, but I be sure. That's why we don't see anything here. We have the internet, that's the good thing. And with youtube and the IT-News-sites we know more in some hours as others can read in some days. Other we must see - have anyone see here a worker for amazon or sony?

Pearl-Display, that was a good question.
The answer for the question isn't a answer, I think the same. They don't want to say "no, that is not a pearl display". But what is it?

He say "We use the best E-Ink-technology which is possible to use, you can test it, using any device from pocketbook you can put it in the one line with the major E-readers producers if you find any difference, no, ok at least try to find any difference between pocketbook e-ink displays any other e-ink"

Thats the words he say, for me he think very good about his display technic.
A german user was there and write in german-pocketbook-forum here, that are a good contrast, but not a difference to the reader we have today. For me it is "ok".
Passepartout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #32
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
Pearl-Display, that was a good question.
The answer for the question isn't a answer, I think the same. They don't want to say "no, that is not a pearl display". But what is it?

He say "We use the best E-Ink-technology which is possible to use, you can test it, using any device from pocketbook you can put it in the one line with the major E-readers producers if you find any difference, no, ok at least try to find any difference between pocketbook e-ink displays any other e-ink".
Which I took to mean "no, it's not Pearl, and we're hoping you don't actually try out this test."

Maybe it means they get their pick of non-Pearl screens, can pick ones with a pale background and have done something clever with the display technology. After all, Bookeen did something sneaky with a Gen 3 firmware upgrade which resulted in higher contrast and blacker text which impressed me.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #33
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
I think the people from pocketbook are complete on the IFA.
They could have prepared something for us and hit the "Send" button at the 09:01 this morning after the Press Conference.

I know they do not have time to chat with us at the moment, but they do have Internet access at the fair, they knew they were going to go there for a long time, and they were sitting on interesting news for months.
And here we are, scouring Youtube for bits of info.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #34
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Which I took to mean "no, it's not Pearl, and we're hoping you don't actually try out this test."
Pretty much.
To me it said: "No, we don't have access to Pearl screens now but if we get our hands on them we'll slipstream them." Or, possibly; "We don't have them now but we hope to get them by the time we actually ship product."

Either way we shouldn't expect to see pearl screens.
It shouldn't matter much for the 9-series (nobody else has *any* shipping ePub 10-inchers, after all) but it might matter for the 6-series.

That's life in an emerging tech business; you're at the mercy of the component suppliers.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #35
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
They can always hope.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #36
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
interesting answer at 27:57 to the question about Pearl

http://www.youtube.com/user/Charbax#p/u/10/ywRQV218vsA
How can there be an interesting answer at 27 minutes and 57 seconds when that video is only 1 minute 53 seconds.

Confused.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #37
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Here is the video.

Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #38
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
How can there be an interesting answer at 27 minutes and 57 seconds when that video is only 1 minute 53 seconds.

Confused.
Something didn't work correctly for you. The video is 31 minutes and some odd seconds. There is a post that quotes the non-answer given to "does this use a Pearl screen" so you aren't missing very much.

I do hope that the Pocketbook reps who normally post can get some real spec sheets up sooner than later. Right now I am very sad to be heavily leaning towards a Sony 650. And generally the only thing I will buy from Sony is headphones.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #39
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
what specs do you want/need? besides the pearl question...

Im afraid I dont have weight but most of the rest. im headed out just now but if no one else has posted i will post what i can when i get back

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 09-03-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #40
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Based on the latest info from PocketBook USA the full specs will be published along with the prices announcement in the beginning of October.
Unfortunately even as a PocketBook dealer with the direct phone line to headquarters I can't get any other accurate details apart from those announced on IFA
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #41
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
what specs do you want/need? besides the pearl question...

Im afraid I dont have weight but most of the rest. im headed out just now but if no one else has posted i will post what i can when i get back
The biggest thing for me besides the screen is whether or not the battery is meant to be user-replacable. The last I saw it was thought to be likely, but having it confirmed would be great. Also, how long is the estimated battery life and the size of the battery. Are there differences between the 602 and 603?

Rather than a specific question or spec would be really great to see the information in one place rather than scattered comments throughout the threads. Since many people will be waiting until all forthcoming models are announced and then seeing what the holiday sales will be before making a choice a week or two won't make much difference. These are just the bright & shiny new toys to find out about.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #42
SaraD
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
Based on the latest info from PocketBook USA the full specs will be published along with the prices announcement in the beginning of October.
Unfortunately even as a PocketBook dealer with the direct phone line to headquarters I can't get any other accurate details apart from those announced on IFA
I'm sorry - that sounds like a really not very fun position to be in. Especially since all the Pocketbook reps who post here are so good at answering questions for people and anticipating what will be asked next. I rarely post here because what I want to know is usually already available. Hopefully the information will be available early instead of on time.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #43
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Yes the Battery is meant to be user replaceable. its behind the lower cover on the back. the battery is a 1530 mAh battery which is common to others . Maximum of 14000 page turns for the 602/603 and maximum 7000 page turns for the 902/903.

Your mileage may vary. Of course using the wifi/bluetooth each uses up more power than just reading alone as does use of the pen input//3g in the 603/903

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 09-03-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #44
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I think some videos like the ones brought in the German forum will be useful. SaraD will be thrilled with the first video, minute 3:00 and forward.

Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #45
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
I'm with kacir. I feel like we're left in the dark for some reasons.

Yes I would want a 901. No bluetooth or WiFi. I mean, I don't hear a word about web browser. No browser mean no use for WiFi for me. And I honestly don't know what to do with bluetooth. Keyboard? I don't see a need for that.

Now I do see a use for a wacom screen. Hopefully it's cheap enough. However, looks like 903 gonna be $500, which would be a hard decision for me since I already have a tabletpc.

$350 or even $380 for Kindle DGX price matched for 901 would be very good for me, pearl or not. Sadly looks like it's not a reality.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook 602, pocketbook 902, pocketbook iq, pocketbook new models, pocketbook reader