Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
YouTube

Hi.

I have got a problem with youtube embedding.
For example:

All I see is a blank space the size of youtube clip.
FF adblock plus shows me that it can block something invisible for me. It means something is there.
Could you help me please?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. It is the same in IE8 and Google Chrome.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I tried to find the youtube video in your source code, but it doesn't seem to exist:

http://www.youtube.com/v/dwv0-jIwdDQ
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmore Daniels View Post
I tried to find the youtube video in your source code, but it doesn't seem to exist:

http://www.youtube.com/v/dwv0-jIwdDQ
What do you mean?
The link you have provided shows youtube I have posted. Full screen.
I wonder how you know what I have posted?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
When I search youtube for dwv0-jIwdDQ, I get a search result, not a video. The top search is "Et si tu n'existais pas"
As for finding the code you used, in IE8, simply right click this screen, choose "View Source" and then scroll until you see "youtube..."

But ifyou click the Youtube icon on a full reply, you just need to put in the dwv0-jIwdDQ to get the boards to process this.
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
astra
The Introvert

I don't think I get it.
Before yesterday I would find youtube clip, click embed, copy the link, start a reply here, click youtube icon, insert the embed link and everything was working.
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
But ifyou click the Youtube icon on a full reply, you just need to put in the dwv0-jIwdDQ to get the boards to process this.
Thanks anyway, this dwv0-jIwdDQ thing is working
Old 08-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I don't think I get it.
Before yesterday I would find youtube clip, click embed, copy the link, start a reply here, click youtube icon, insert the embed link and everything was working.
Me too. I wonder if it has something to do with the 4dots.com caching that had fubared the drop-down menus.
Now you just need to embed the "movie code" - the alphanumeric string after "v=......" in the URL

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
What do you mean?
The link you have provided shows youtube I have posted. Full screen.
I wonder how you know what I have posted?
"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is restricted from playback on certain sites."
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:59 AM   #9
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Some youtube videos are geo-restricted. Some don't allow embedding. The text quoted by ardeegee even suggests that embedding could be restricted on certains sites, or to certain sites. Sigh...

Also, some firewalls prevent displaying youtube videos. At work, I only see a white area wherever a video is embedded.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:55 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Me too. I wonder if it has something to do with the 4dots.com caching that had fubared the drop-down menus.
Now you just need to embed the "movie code" - the alphanumeric string after "v=......" in the URL

There are other ways? That's how I've always done it...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Some youtube videos are geo-restricted. Some don't allow embedding. The text quoted by ardeegee even suggests that embedding could be restricted on certains sites, or to certain sites. Sigh...

Also, some firewalls prevent displaying youtube videos. At work, I only see a white area wherever a video is embedded.
It is a lot more/less complicated?
I can embed it. I just don't see it or absolutely any other youtube videos. When it is geo restricted it tells me so.
It is what poohbear_nc said. For some reason, embedded link that youtube provides doesn't work anymore, I have to use he "movie code" - the alphanumeric string after "v=......" in the URL
Old 08-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
It is a lot more/less complicated?
I can embed it. I just don't see it or absolutely any other youtube videos. [/B]
Nobody sees your first video at the start of this thread (at least, I don't.) But if you don't see any videos at all, then it is almost certainly the work of some piece of anti-malware installed on your computer blocking it-- a security setting in your browser, or in your ad blocker, or maybe even in your firewall.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #13
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
When I search youtube for dwv0-jIwdDQ, I get a search result, not a video. The top search is "Et si tu n'existais pas"
As for finding the code you used, in IE8, simply right click this screen, choose "View Source" and then scroll until you see "youtube..."

Hey, that's Joe Dassin! My mother's favorite crooner. Well, a long time ago
Old 08-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Hey, that's Joe Dassin! My mother's favorite crooner. Well, a long time ago
I still like this one
Old 08-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #15
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
I still like this one
Argh, now you've put that song in my head, I can't get it out!

But it's a nice song