Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
djk80
djk80 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
View Kindle notes in Adobe Acrobat ?

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a kindle and I am waiting for my K3 to ship. Anyways I do actively read textbooks and other things using adobe acrobat.

I also use the highlight feature, put notes and do other things in adobe acrobat. And I plan to do the same with my Kindle.

I know you can view kindle book notes and bookmarks on the PC with the kindle for PC app software however a lot of my pdf's are from textbooks that I purchased. Which I cannot use the Kindle for PC software for.

I am just wondering if there is an alternative for me keeping notes in sync with my PC and vice versa. I know the Kindle saves all the notes to a Clippings.txt file as I have reviewed the procedures to back them up on your PC. However I am just wondering if there is a way to get the notes to work with adobe acrobat or possibly another application where I can view and edit my notes along with the pdf on my pc when I am at home and then on the go with my kindle away from home....

any help is appreciated thanks
djk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
That's one of the first things I plan to check when my K3 arrives (which looks like it will probably be Monday). But maybe someone whose K3 arrives before then can try it out and let us know.

IMO if they are not storing PDF annotations in the PDF, where they can be consumed by other PDF readers, then their work to add PDF annotation is more or less a wasted effort. I'm not sure it makes sense to put these annotations in clippings.txt, back them up to your amazon account etc. since PDFs really have no role inside the Kindle ecosystem (you can't buy them, archive them, sync them, etc.)
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
djk80
djk80 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Just wondering if anyone has tried this. Even if it is programmed to save everything in the clippings.txt file there must be a program out there that can take the comments from that and write it to the pdf so its viewable in another application....

If there isn't someone should make one or I'd get my programming friends on it
djk80 is offline   Reply With Quote