Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
images in purchased book are missing

I hope someone can help me with this. (I posted this thread already but a typo in the title does not really get people to open my thread and read it I think.)

I bought a book, especially on my iPad since it has images. I downloaded it, opened it and few images are missing. There are some drawings in it but also a lot of squares with question marks. Meaning it does not show an image.
The weird thing is that when I open this book on my Sony ereader, the one I just use for reading novels, it shows ALL images.
Why dont they open in my iPad or on my iMac?
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
Clytie
Bookworm
Clytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it is

Device: iPad2
What format is the book in? (If you don't know, just quote the threea-letter file-ending.)

Where did you get it?

Different formats and reading software can store and access images in different ways. This is why we need publishers to use a single, standard format (and they ignore this need in order to lock purchasers into particular software).
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
It's adobe DRM ePub. This particular book shows images plus question marks as well, so I don't understand why some are missing.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote