Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
RAScully
RAScully is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony
R.A. Scully's Silvinesh Series - Free until July 31st on Smashwords [post #13]

Hey all, new fantasy scif-fi author here, from Canada, ehh!

The first of my Series, The High Wizard of Silvinesh, is currently available wordwide, available in Hardcover, Trade Paperback and most recently on Smashwords in all ebook formats. Check out a sample today, let me know what you think. Also, please visit my website http://www.highwizardofsilvinesh.com and check out my blog and current contest.

Recently released in Trade Paperback is the second of my series, Cold Winter's Magic. I will soon have it on Smashwords, possibly this weekend, darn day job always getting in the way of my passion

I plan to release the final book in my planned trilogy early next year. It will conclude this first storyline, but there will definately be more to come, possibly with the Children of Silvinesh, set many years later.

I also want to create a modern day sci-fi fantasy, no vamps! I'm thinking of doing something related to the 2012 alignment with magic and science clashing, you'll see

Again, please let me know what you think, it is the readers and their feedback that makes this all worthwhile. I am heading up to the Ottawa Can Con on Aug 20-22, can't wait! I'm scheduled to do a reading and am literally on top of the world, wish me luck

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-24-2010 at 09:00 AM.
RAScully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Jesus Christ on a crutch, do something about that picture!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
RAScully

There, is that a bit more manageable?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, thank you.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
littleredplanet
littleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enough

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Jesus Christ on a crutch
lol, I reckon there's a book in that quote ...
littleredplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Dear Member:

Sorry for any confusion, but we need about a 300 x 300 pixel size.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

By the way, is the woman in the picture a supernatural being?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
RAScully

She is a White Wizard named Alentia Silverblade. She is the main character in my Silvinesh Series, have a look, book 1 can be sampled on Smashwords or off Amazon for those interested.

I'll fix the photos and get them down to the 300 dpi range, sorry about that I'm bad!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
RAScully

Okay, fixed up the covers, a wee bit smaller and even the same size. Sorry about that guys, didn`t maen to mess up the site with BIG pics.

Also, not sure who bought a few of my Ebooks in the past few days, but thank you, quite appreciated
Don`t forget to sign my guestbook at http://www.highwizardofsilvinesh.com/Guestbook.html to be entered into the Kindle Gift Card being drawn on Aug 1st!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAScully View Post
Okay, fixed up the covers, a wee bit smaller and even the same size. Sorry about that guys, didn`t maen to mess up the site with BIG pics.

Also, not sure who bought a few of my Ebooks in the past few days, but thank you, quite appreciated
Don`t forget to sign my guestbook at http://www.highwizardofsilvinesh.com/Guestbook.html to be entered into the Kindle Gift Card being drawn on Aug 1st!

No problem! It's looks great!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

One further suggestion: Put a space between the two, so they don't squish together. It'll look better that way.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #12
RAScully

Voila! Space added between covers.

Noticed a few more sales of The High Wizard of Silvinesh and one for Cold Winter's Magic today. I definately suggest reading the first, to get a feel for my magical world and the beloved charaters found within. It will make Cold Winter's Magic that much clearer, many of the secrets from High Wizard are revealed and the shadowy past I have hinted at, comes to life in book 2.

I hope all those who read my work, truly enjoy the story and fall in love with the people and places I have created. One young YA recently told me she cried at the end of Cold Winter's Magic, I think she really related with Alentia and the pain she suffers through, best feedback I've ever had and meant the most to touch someone on that kind of personal level. I think this is the best reward an author can ever have, the money means nothing, reaching people, deep down in their very hearts and their souls, means so much more.

All the best everyone, take care.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #13
RAScully

Free until July 31st on Smashwords

With so many positives going on for me right now, I decided to simply offer my first novel to everyone, as a gift, through Smashwords. The High Wizard of Silvinesh can be downloaded in multiple formats for free, from now until the end of July using Coupon Code XB99Z http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/19033

For those who love high fantasy and want to start a new series, your search ends here. Book two, Cold Winter's Magic, will be available by month's end as an E-book. The third and final addition to my Silvinesh Series, Shimmer of Silver Sorcery, will be released, spring 2011.

Thank you again to all the people who have already purchased a copy and for the Fantasy Book Club who picked my novel for their August Book Review.

I also want to thank Can Con in Ottawa for having me as one of their Guest Authors, great!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try.

Thanks RAS - pholy
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #15
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thank you!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote