Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
WhizBuzz

I only recently discovered WhizBuzz. I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but they feature a different book every day. You can find a lot of books in many genres on this site. I submitted my women's fiction/romantic suspense book and today it's my turn to be featured. Check it out here.

Joyce
Serendipity House
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
WhizBuzz

First off, I am not criticizing you.

WhizBuzz seems to be the epitome a Vanity Press.

WIKI
"While a commercial publisher's intended market is the general public, a vanity publisher's intended market is the author."

Of the 36 book prices that I've checked 13 are $18.00 and over ($25.50 being the top). 30 are $12.00 and over.

Yours is the best bargain they have.

I can't write a book to save my life (not one that anyone would read that is), so my advice may be worthless. But if I were you I would try to find advice from someone here on Mobileread. Check out the "Writers' Corner"

PS- this research has not been without a horrible price! Every time I go to Amazon.com they try to suggest romance books.

Good luck and best wishes Joyce.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I appreciate your concern. But what kind of advice do you think I need? Most of the writers on this site are self-published, which is just a step above vanity published. However, my book was published by a small, independent e-publisher who paid for the editing, cover art, and proofing. I didn't shell out a cent.

Joyce
Serendipity House
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joycedb View Post
I appreciate your concern. But what kind of advice do you think I need? Most of the writers on this site are self-published, which is just a step above vanity published. However, my book was published by a small, independent e-publisher who paid for the editing, cover art, and proofing. I didn't shell out a cent.

Joyce
Serendipity House
You're new here. You might want to hold judgement for a while. Some of the writers here are making much more money that you. And some of them have "real" (paper) books too.

This site has a lot of writers (even more readers) that will be able to help you far more than I can. But you have to try a little.

For people who can write a book this thread "Great WSJ article on ebooks" and this Wall Street Journal article "'Vanity' Press Goes Digital " should cheer you up immensely.

Now click on this link. "Writers' Corner"

Top of the list is "How and Where to Publish Your Ebooks"

Look around the "Writers' Corner" and I'm sure that you’ll find some people that can help you much more than I can.

"I appreciate your concern."

My "concern" is that you don't make the same mistakes that I have seen others commit.

People fail for many reasons. Some listen to bad advice. Some think that they need no advice.

Last edited by SameOldStory; 06-04-2010 at 11:25 AM.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote