Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's time to find Sony Reader subsections!!

We should discuss how we want to further expand this forum. I thought of a vote, but it's probably to restricting. Instead, let us decide together what subsections we want to see for the Sony Reader.

My suggestions:

Sony Reader Hardware
Sony Reader Software
Sony CONNECT Store
Format conversion

Too broad?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Some specific sub and sub-sub sections

Sony Reader Covers/Cases
Sony Reader Clip-on Lamps
Sony Reader USB Cables
Sony Reader Flash Memory (with subforums based on size)
Sony Reader Hacking
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 08:17 PM   #3
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Book Sightings - for book deals (i.e. for new bargain bundles) and/or other book sources (free or other places to buy books - if that is even possible).

Tips and Tricks

Accesories
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:46 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Good discussion.

Obviously we have two choices: either go for broad category definitions (as we did for the iRex iLiad), or go with more specific sections. I am tending towards specific sections here, with the ones mentioned by Slava and Greg.

Of course other/more suggestions are still welcomed.

The goal is to have the subsections up before the first Reader is shipped.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #5
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
The goal is to have the subsections up before the first Reader is shipped.
Then we better get cracking. According to the Sony site mine has shipped and will arrive on 10-4. Waiting for Fed Ex confirmation of pickup right now.
Fitzwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #6
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I know the mall where the nearest Sony Store is also has this nice leather binder and briefcase store, maybe I'll find an even better case there. As for the light, I'll look around first and if I don't find a nice clip on, I'll go online. I don't think I'll go for the stand, my computer is black with green lights (I call it "The Tommyknocker") so I'll prob get a green lighted USB cable if I can find a compatiable one.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi Kosst, wrong thread?

Anyways, I am not sure what I like better...

Sony Reader Covers/Cases
Sony Reader Clip-on Lamps
Sony Reader USB Cables
Sony Reader Flash Memory (suggested by Slava)
etc.

or

Sony Reader Accessories (as suggested by Greg).

In other words, how many subcategories do we want?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I think too much categories will be confusing. How about this?
1) Hacking (both SW and HW)
2) Content (ebook deals, free libraries, format converters etc)
3) Accessories (pro and home-made)
4) General (news, photos, reviews etc)
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #9
Slava
Addict

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
I'm sorry, but these sub-sub-sections were meant as a joke

>Sony Reader Clip-on Lamps
>Sony Reader USB Cables
>Sony Reader Flash Memory (with subforums based on size)
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #10
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk

I like this suggestion. Maybe also a "Problems/Bugs/Troubleshooting" board? Even though I'm sure there will be an official way to deal with that, perhaps we'll come up with our own tips and tricks.
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:46 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle
Originally Posted by igorsk

I like this . Maybe also a "Problems/Bugs/Troubleshooting" board? Even though I'm sure there will be an official way to deal with that, perhaps we'll come up with our own tips and tricks.
I second it... these are smart section choices.

Everyone: Are there any objections or additions?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #12
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
I like it too.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #13
Slava
Addict