Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Ohh boy do I want a new laptop. Check out these specs

The new Sony Vaio VPCZ11Z9E/B:
* Intel® Core™ i7-620M Processor, 2.66 GHz
* 6 GB DDR3 SDRAM (1066 MHz)
* NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU + Intel® HD Graphics (Video RAM GDDR3 1 GB)
* Quad SSD Flash drive in Raid 0. 256 GB.
* Low weight of just 1.35kg and 6 hours battery life
* LED backlight 13.1, 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
* HDMI™ out
* Intel® HM57 Express Chipset
* Windows® 7 Professional (64-bit)

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vn-z-series/vpcz11z9e-b

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/ultra...ortable-laptop

Last edited by thinkpad; 02-05-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added information
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
I can only conjure up this one eloquent statement. Wow!

1920x1080 (Full HD) in 13.1" screen. That is some serious pixel packing. And the rest of the specs are, for a laptop, just amazing. I hate to ask the cost.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
I hate to ask the cost.
In Sweden the price is set to: 26 990 sek. Currency exchange set it to: $3711
Really pricey. But I would suspect it to last a couple of years before turning old.

Some more pictures:

Last edited by thinkpad; 02-05-2010 at 03:52 PM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
It looks like a really nice Machine. We just upgraded my Dad's machine as he loves Vaio's This could have been a much better upgrade then the One we ended up getting though quiet a bit more expensive.

The part I find most interesting is the hybrid Graphics, and I'm looking forward to more and more machines becoming available with it.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
very nice machine but out of my price range
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
That is a work of art, way out of my price range or needs, but still......

I could do everything on that and get rid of the desktop.... quite a powerhouse and a looker, love the lighted keyboard....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony vaio ultra portable