Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
astak pocket pro screen instability.

does anyone feel the screen kinda gives at times.

my left thumb ususally rests on the screen and at times there is sensation of the screen moving inwards with just a little pressure. Wish it is was firmer. Im under one year warranty.

should i do something?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
not put your thumb on the screen perhaps? The border is pretty big :-)
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
does anyone feel the screen kinda gives at times.

my left thumb ususally rests on the screen and at times there is sensation of the screen moving inwards with just a little pressure. Wish it is was firmer. Im under one year warranty.

should i do something?
The screen is steel solid compared to my LCD monitor
Finger contain oils.
Oils adhere dirt.
Dirt makes viewing difficult.
Cleaning dirt scratches screen.
Scratched screen makes viewing difficult.

Smack that hand (while it is away from the screen), the next time it sticks it's thumb on the screen :P

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Flexibility in the screen is better than being too brittle.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

it just gives a little at times.
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
oncdoc
Addict

whats the warranty on this baby?
Old 12-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Warranty on baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
whats the warranty on this baby?
Dear Oncdoc:

You have one year parts and labor warranty with all Astak eBook Readers.

Screens are made to be slightly flexible so they do not crack when there is a twisting motion. I think what you are experiencing sounds very normal and is not a worry. The glass and the e-ink are placed into the body using some rubber to cushion the screen.

However, the screen is not a touch screen so why dirty up the screen with fingerprints? If the screen is working fine and not cracked... be happy that there is some give there.

I would say "relax and enjoy"!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Anyone know if we can buy a glare free screen protector?
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #9
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All I know on screen protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Dear Nimblem:

I know from my days selling POS terminals that 3M makes glare free screen protectors. I do not know if they make them this small. Hopefully somebody else will know!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
Robertb

Amazon carries Kindle Clear-Touch Screen Protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post

Dear Nimblem:

Amazon sells Kindle Clear-Touch Anti-Glare Screen Protectors for $12.95. These should fit the 6 inch screen on the EZ Reader Basic and I would think could easily be cut to size for the Pocket PRO!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
tmgplc
Enthusiast
tmgplc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire 7" (2014)
I just got one from Zagg when they had their recent 50% off sale. It is a great screen protector that fits perfectly and made for the Astak Pro 5", but really isn't antiglare.
tmgplc is offline   Reply With Quote