Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
jordan_matter
jordan_matter began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch?
Hoping to access Questia.com's resources... but on large screen

I'm in desperate need of finding a sufficiently *large* mobile device to view my Questia.com documents (books, articles, etc.). As I *do* plan on using such a device to read entire books and articles from Questia, I'm concerned that the IpodTouch is just too small.

Any advice? Am I simply in a position of having to wait for the right device to come along? I don't mind using a "non-reader" mobile internet device as as my makeshift mobile reader.... provided the size of the screen is sufficiently big.... so issues of constantly having to scroll and whatnot... the whole mess, won't have to be an issue...

Any way, every form of help would be *most* appreciated!
jordan_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:15 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like what you really need is a Tablet PC!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
nehopsa
nehopsa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Thumbs down DX does not work with Questia

I am doing exactly that: trying to access Questia through my new Kindle DX I just bought. (The hope that it will work was one of my major reasons for getting the Kindle in the first place, after years of hesitation and bad reviews).

NOPE. Out of luck. I was able to log in to Questia. I was able to do a search and locate my book. I was able even to get to the table of content. BUT THE MOMENT I ATTEMPTED TO START READING I COULD NOT MOVE FURTHER.

Whenever I clicked on the table of contents to get to the chapter I wanted to start reading I got reloaded to the table of contents again. I was repeateadly circling the table of contents and could not move on. I tried to put in page number and go to and the same thing.

It looks like somebody did this on purpose. Amazon wants your money by disabling Questia. Questia wants your subscription money and wants you tethered to a BAD READING SCREEN so that you limit your reading (and limit your access).

The technical issue seems to be the depth of the browser links in Kindle that cannot go beyond a set level. That is probably the way they do it/do not support the access.
nehopsa is offline   Reply With Quote