Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
JRAWKER
Connoisseur
JRAWKER began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer Anyone?

Much appreciated
JRAWKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:04 AM   #2
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Is that a Public Domain work?
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2007, 02:21 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please, please, PLEASE don't spoil things for everybody by trying to use this forum for illegal material. It's only going to work if we keep it strictly "legit"!

Last edited by HarryT; 04-02-2007 at 02:30 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:49 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thread moved. We want to keep "Reader Book Uploads" dedicated to uploads and to discussion of uploads.

Jrawker, please don't ask for copyright-protected e-books. It's not your fault since we haven't provided any guidelines yet, but we are working on it.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
chemyboy
chemyboy began at the beginning.

Device: SONY
Hi,
where i can see the book- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer Anyone?
Thanks
chemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemyboy View Post
Hi,
Thanks
Hi chemyboy, sorry but you wont be able to find that particular book here or anywhere on this forum. "Perfume: The story of a Murderer" is copyrighted and posting a copy of it without paying the proper fees to its publisher/author would be ilegal and would attract the fuzz over to mobileread.com

You will only be able to find public domain books here ("free books").

Cheers
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemyboy View Post
Hi,
Thanks
The author, Patrick Suskind is still alive (born 1949) and the book is still in copyright.
There doesn't seem to be a legal ebook version for sale.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The author, Patrick Suskind is still alive (born 1949) and the book is still in copyright.
There doesn't seem to be a legal ebook version for sale.
Indeed. How does one go about requesting that a book become available in electronic form? Write to the publisher? (In this case "Vintage".) To the author? Both, maybe? Are there eBook availability evangelical sites where people can post / request what they'd like to see - and also learn which publishers don't have anything available electronically yet, etc.?
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
svakanda
Enthusiast
svakanda began at the beginning.

Device: none
use a rapidshare search engine maybe
svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Our policy at MobileRead is not to endorse any form of copyright violation, svakanda.
Mr Suskind has a living to make, the same as the rest of us.

I do think that Jason B's idea is a good one, though. There are a lot of books which are currently out of print, or not available as ebooks which I would very much like to buy. I would cheerfully pay a fair price for them, were I only given the chance.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
Indeed. How does one go about requesting that a book become available in electronic form? Write to the publisher? (In this case "Vintage".) To the author? Both, maybe? Are there eBook availability evangelical sites where people can post / request what they'd like to see - and also learn which publishers don't have anything available electronically yet, etc.?
i would absolutely encourage you to write to the publisher (and possibly also the author, if you can find a contact address), i do regularly (and they even write back !). publishers need to know they have customers ready and waiting for them, and writing to them is a good way to show that. also, on amazon there is a button to click to "request this book in a kindle edition" (or something similar). i don't have a kindle, but i click on that button anyway, because i think if amazon collects enough votes in favor of a specific title then hopefully it will be available in epub as well as kindle format (rising tide floating all boats, so to speak).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Our policy at MobileRead is not to endorse any form of copyright violation, svakanda.
Mr Suskind has a living to make, the same as the rest of us.

I do think that Jason B's idea is a good one, though. There are a lot of books which are currently out of print, or not available as ebooks which I would very much like to buy. I would cheerfully pay a fair price for them, were I only given the chance.
me too !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote