Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Tessie
Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs 505
PRS 505 show _P5 - or any number

Several times lately I have been reading and like today I was on page 14 of a new story and suddenly _P5 in bold large font showed up on the middle of the screen. The screen was frozen - no buttons worked. The only way I could get rid of it was to reset. Several other times different numbers have shown.

I'm assuming that I must have brushed the 5 button which is easy to do if you are using the side page button.

Is that what I did and how do I get rid of it without resetting?

Tessie
Tessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie View Post
Is that what I did and how do I get rid of it without resetting?
That means you started entering a page number. Just press the 'Menu' button to get out.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
If that's what you did do, then I think the 'Menu' key would let you go back. You may need to press it more than once if you pressed more than one digit. The central 'OK' button which actions the page jump is the other way 'out'.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
What everyone else said.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Tessie
Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs 505
Thank you. Pressing the4 menu key released the lock up and I was able to continue reading. I'm enjoying this forum very much and especially the nice people who "have the answers"
Tessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert