Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-09-2024, 02:05 AM   #1
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Touch Lux 3 (623) battery problems (goes from 70% to empty)

When reading, the battery charge will go from 100% to 70 or so in a couple of hours, and then say the battery is empty. If I connect an external powerbank, it goes on for a little while, but reports the powerbank as empty when there's still a lot of charge left. Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, did it help to replace the battery?

I've sometimes used it outside in -20 degrees C (when it's too cold to bike I've been reading while waiting for the bus), I guess that's not a good way to treat a battery that's meant for indoors use. Or the cause could be something else, of course. It worked fine for years before this happened.

I found another thread on battery problems on the same model, but it doesn't seem very similar: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331653
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:56 AM   #2
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
I had the same problem with my previous phone, as soon as I got to minus -15° the battery went crazy and jumped from 75% to "discharged".

You must use the reader according to the indicated recommended temperatures, but in any case I would not try to charge it at -20. Only charge the battery in your book reader at the recommended temperature.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 01-09-2024 at 09:58 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2024, 01:24 AM   #3
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I had the same problem with my previous phone, as soon as I got to minus -15° the battery went crazy and jumped from 75% to "discharged".

You must use the reader according to the indicated recommended temperatures, but in any case I would not try to charge it at -20. Only charge the battery in your book reader at the recommended temperature.
I'm not using it at that temperature now, I did it some time ago and thought that might explain why I'm having problems now. On the other hand, it's 10 years old, so maybe I don't need any additional explanation for why it's starting to fail
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:32 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
I found another thread on battery problems on the same model, but it doesn't seem very similar: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331653
That issue was with the device itself (some kind of short?), as the new battery didn't help. I've still got two of those in pieces (one had a broken screen I bought cheap, hoping I could fix the first one). Never did get it to work. I think I ruined the SD card (or something like that). It's a shame because I think the older PocketBook cases was more comfortable to hold.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote