Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-11-2020, 07:46 AM   #61
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
Just updated to 3.0 on my Nova 2 here in the USA.

For those getting the NeoBrowser, is it worth pining for?

Last edited by aduffbrew; 11-11-2020 at 08:25 AM.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:46 AM   #62
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
The update is now available on US servers for the Nova 2. That may be good news for you Pro fans! It's coming.
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2020, 06:35 AM   #63
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenlives View Post
Thanks Galunid. I believe they told me sometime in November. So I'm hopeful. I just want layers.
You can have layers right now. Just install the apk for knotes posted above. Copy it to the download folder over USB on your device, browse to that folder from the storage app, and run the APK. You'll need to enable 'Unknown sources' in the Settings/Applications menu. No need to torture yourself waiting for upgrades. Just do it!

I have an old (in Onyx terms!) Note plus, and the layers works just fine for me in 6.0.1. I really love having more than black and white as well, I held off upgrading to the latest (for me) 2.3.1 firmware for a long while as I don't need the boox store, but I shouldn't have, as all the other features are excellent.

Big thanks to @Markismus for this!
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:14 AM   #64
Sevenlives
Enthusiast
Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nova Pro
Awesome thanks for the reply. I am currently testing the 3.0 beta for onyx pro. So far this is pretty awesome
Sevenlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:08 AM   #65
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
The 3.0 firmware was supposed to also finally allow screen cast functionality via miracast, see here: https://www.boox.com/2020/09/21/boox...-and-note-air/

I'm a bit disappointed to find that they seem to have restricted that feature to the new models. At least I haven't been able to find any way to switch on screen cast on my "old" Note 2 (bought this summer) after the update to v3.0.
Has anybody found a way to activate screen cast?
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2020, 07:48 AM   #66
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Awesome thanks for the reply. I am currently testing the 3.0 beta for onyx pro. So far this is pretty awesome
What is the Android version of the Nova Pro?

@franzli Are the Note 2 and 3 of different Android versions? If they’re the same you can try to find the associated app-files.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-22-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:59 AM   #67
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
What is the Android version of the Nova Pro?
Android 6
Quote:
Are the Note 2 and 3 of different Android versions?
Yes.
Note 2 - Android 9
Note 3 - Android 10
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #68
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Good to know that this update will indeed be coming to the pro devices. Thanks for sharing.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #69
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
My nova pro showed there is update for version 3.0 beta but when i tried to download, it always failed. Not sure if it is due to too many users trying to download at the moment.

Anyone else managed to download the update OTA?
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:25 PM   #70
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Same here update fails.

Actually the 20 second or so that it's connected it downloads and when it disconnects the part that downloads stays saved, so it's just a matter of trying again and again.

Last edited by Gibbo; 11-23-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #71
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
Here are knote.apk and kreader.apk
https://markismus.stackstorage.com/s/JS44al5fPvgdgOJn
thanks @Markismus for hosting. They *should* work on the "older" devices that didn't receive update yet.

sha256sum:
8a065135c6c600cfffb9cbb2994fc128aa11808c440c8830cc 88d447d0e50e0a knote2-release.apk
60056571fd1e5fc15a2feb6bfd925802d052861a5518bc8b26 985742de00d23e kreader2-release.apk
606a06fce7387bae663b6bb4b479b42485e9f7762770d0adf2 92a6e7a984995d Browser.apk

EDIT:
Markismus had problems installing Browser.apk, other applications should be fine though.
Thanks... I have Boox Nova and I only installed kreader. It works flawlessly. I guess Onyx stopped updating the first version. BTW is it possible to include the following packages?
* Navigation ball app (com.onyx.floatingbutton) and,
* Pushread app?

BTW I disabled default browser and replaced it with Via Browser

Last edited by winstonma; 11-25-2020 at 07:15 PM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:46 AM   #72
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
After the third try the connection stayed and downloaded fine, installation went very smoothly.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:38 AM   #73
Sevenlives
Enthusiast
Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nova Pro
Curious as to what that fw beta number is.
Sevenlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #74
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
now it's gone .. i could not find the firmware update on my nova pro ..
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:24 AM   #75
jilgo
jilgo began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Note and likebook mars
anyone know if this can work with the first onyx boox note?
Thanks
jilgo is offline   Reply With Quote