Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-29-2020, 05:15 AM   #16
Sevenlives
Enthusiast
Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nova Pro
Nova Pro

For anyone interested in the Nova pro. My reply from Onyx was for November. I believe Nova 2 and others come first by end of Oct.
Sevenlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #17
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenlives View Post
For anyone interested in the Nova pro. My reply from Onyx was for November. I believe Nova 2 and others come first by end of Oct.
Thank you. Maybe Onyx Note 1 will get firmware 3 in November as well.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2020, 04:47 PM   #18
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Would be nice, if it happens: Still a _lot_ to improve on NeoReader and Note.

Looking at the kreader2-release.apk* in the app folder on the system partition, I don't see a lot that is necessarily android 6 dependent.
So if the upgrade doesn't reach the android6 devices even in december, would anyone be willing to share the new apk-file? If it doesn't install without problems, I'll hack it to fit.
After installing Total Commander, you're free to browse the whole directory structure and I would guess that it's in the root>app>kreader-releaseX directory.

Last edited by Markismus; 10-29-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:26 PM   #19
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Good news for those with Poke 2 devices. I suppose we'll find out if the "Pro" line will be getting v3.0 firmware sooner or later.....meantime my devices are still eminently usable.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:23 AM   #20
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowriver View Post
Good news for those with Poke 2 devices. I suppose we'll find out if the "Pro" line will be getting v3.0 firmware sooner or later.....meantime my devices are still eminently usable.
I cannot imagine that it will be possible with Android 6 devices - the split screen does not yet exist in this version.
But we'll see what happens.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2020, 11:41 PM   #21
Sevenlives
Enthusiast
Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

It's possible and Onyx's responses seem to mean other devices will receive their own version of 3.0. Meaning for Android 6 devices, 3.0 may be a more limited affair in contrast to the Lumi etc.

I'm an artist and I use my Nova pro as a sketch pad. I honestly just want my layers. I suggested layers to Onyx a while back and I'll be satisfied with that alone. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake for me.

That should hold me off until the color technology gets better on E ink.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #22
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I cannot imagine that it will be possible with Android 6 devices - the split screen does not yet exist in this version.
But we'll see what happens.
There's already a split view function in v2.3.1, which is more limited but very useful on the Max devices.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:16 PM   #23
Crowriver
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenlives View Post
It's possible and Onyx's responses seem to mean other devices will receive their own version of 3.0. Meaning for Android 6 devices, 3.0 may be a more limited affair in contrast to the Lumi etc.

I'm an artist and I use my Nova pro as a sketch pad. I honestly just want my layers. I suggested layers to Onyx a while back and I'll be satisfied with that alone. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake for me.

That should hold me off until the color technology gets better on E ink.
I have a similar perspective. Any of these new enhancements would be very welcome on Android 6 devices. I'm hopeful we'll receive at least updated Notes, NeoReader and hopefully the new NeoBrowser. Any system wide changes may not be possible.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #24
adrians
Enthusiast
adrians doesn't litteradrians doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
I'd be pretty upset if the split screen capability that comes with Android 10 won't be available on my Max 3. The hardware is pretty much the same as the Max Lumi, the device is only a year old and the only reason they'd have not to upgrade it to 10 is to get people to upgrade.
adrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:48 AM   #25
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians View Post
I'd be pretty upset if the split screen capability that comes with Android 10 won't be available on my Max 3. The hardware is pretty much the same as the Max Lumi, the device is only a year old and the only reason they'd have not to upgrade it to 10 is to get people to upgrade.
Android 9 can split-screen while Android 6 cannot.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #26
Sevenlives
Enthusiast

Anyone else feels that Onyx releases too many iterations per year? I feel like I bought my Nova Pro not long ago and it's already in danger of soon being ignored on the updates front. lol
Old 11-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #27
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I think the problem comes down to the changes in the SOC (System-on-Chip) being used. It is a lot of work adding support for a SOC to Android, and I suspect that most of that work is done by the SOC manufacturer. Boards with older SOCs probably don't have updates for new versions of Android because the manufacturer isn't interested in doing the work to support chips that aren't selling much anymore. Small companies that use the chips (like Onyx) probably don't have the expertise to add support for older SOCs to newer versions of Android. So, the devices with olders SOCs get left behind when newer versions of Android come out.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #28
adrians
Enthusiast
adrians doesn't litteradrians doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Android 9 can split-screen
I don't see this on my Max 3 with Android 9 while it was specifically called out on the new readers with Android 10.
adrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:16 AM   #29
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians View Post
I don't see this on my Max 3 with Android 9 while it was specifically called out on the new readers with Android 10.
I got OS3 for my Nova 2 and there it is in the touch bar - but I had to edit it so that it can be displayed and used.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:33 AM   #30
Sevenlives
Enthusiast

Quote:
I got OS3 for my Nova 2 and there it is in the touch bar - but I had to edit it so that it can be displayed and used.
Has fw 3.0 come out for Nova 2? If so was it in Oct?