Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2020, 05:57 AM   #1
-sandro-
-sandro- began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O 2nd edition
Rated standby battery drain

Hello,
I was wondering if there's an official/rated battery life when the Kobo is in standby mode with the just the logo on.
It should definitely use some battery but it should be a very low power that should last several months if not a year however I noticed that when unused it could easily drain to 0% in a few weeks. Maybe there's some other background process going on?
-sandro- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For all my use of Kobo devices, that's one question I cannot answer. And it is basically because I can't leave them alone long enough to get a meaningful answer. The best I can say is that last Christmas, I did leave a couple alone for about two weeks. They would have started with full batteries, and still had plenty of battery life when I got them out after the holiday. Probably in the 30-40% range. I didn't explicitly look, just remember that I didn't need to hurry to charge them. These were also the older devices, which are starting to show the effects of aging on their batteries.

The thing I didn't do before this, was to turn WiFi and the background sync off. With these on, it would have woken each day, attempted to do a sync and then gone back to sleep. It the time, they wouldn't have synced as they weren't near the WiFi that I usually use with them.

If the battery is in good condition, my guess would be a "few weeks" with WiFi on. And a lot longer if WiFi and the background sync is off.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2020, 08:42 PM   #3
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I've had my Aura 2 last 6.5 weeks untouched at the home screen on standby with WiFi off.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote