Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
12341235 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
View date published in Kobo?

So in Calibre there is a "Date" field and a "Published" field. The Date field shows the day the book was added to Calibre, and the Published field shows the date that the book was originally published. On the Kobo, I can select a book and click details, and next to the Publisher it shows a date in parenthesis. IMO, this should be the day the book was published, but it instead takes the "Date" field from Calibre and shows me when I downloaded the book. Is there anyway to make Calibre send the Published date to that field, or another work around for this? I just want a way to see the date a book was published, not just the day I downloaded it.

Thanks in advance!
12341235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For sideloaded books, Kobo doesn't read all of the available metadata from the book. For the publishing date, it is using the date added to the device, not the date added to calibre.

The KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended drivers can both update all the displayed metadata when the device is connected. You can turn this on in the driver configuration, on the third tab. This directly updates the database on the device with the current metadata in your calibre library. My Kobo Utilities can also do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #3
12341235 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thank you! KoboTouchExtended worked perfectly, I actually had it installed but didn't have it update the metadata, now that it is, it's working great.
12341235 is offline   Reply With Quote