Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #1
mey_5000
mey_5000 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
New Firmware Issues

Hi, guys. I've been checking this site for a long time now, but this is my first post.
I updated my PRS-505 about three months ago, and I've been checking it every day. I just doesn't feel right.

I'm not sure if it is just me, but it is now acting up. It always had battery problems, and since I life outside U.S, i just have to live with it. But now, I'm having issues with the booting. It is very slow. It takes a lot to load, and much more to format a file. And in some cases, it will enter this reboot cycle some has already post about. I'm guessing this is also affecting the battery, because now it worse that ever , it drains extremely fast.
I really love my reader, but it is becoming a pain in the neck.

I was wondering if any of you have had this kind of issues with the new firmware and if there's anything that can be done to fix them.

Thanks,
mey_5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Copy all books off the device and reformat it (somewhere in Advanced Settings). Also try not to load many books at once. Might help.
BTW, Sony does repair units sent in from abroad and reportedly they can even send it back on request, though without insurance (so it's better to have someone in States to receive the unit and send it back to you).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Also, if you're using any external memory card, you might try using the 505 without it and see if that helps.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote