Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-14-2016, 08:18 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
CC V5.1.4 beta release channel

CC V5.1.4.1 has been released to the beta channel

Change log:
  • Enable all book formats (extensions) for new installations. This will eliminate frequent comments of the form "CC doesn't work because I can't send CBZ to it". We will see if it has any downside.
  • Updated languages: Portuguese, Vietnamese
  • Switch to using the new Dropbox application interface (V2). The V1 interface will go away, so this had to happen sometime. As the new interface is quite different from the old one, I might have introduced some bugs.
  • [BUG FIX]Fix white-on-white problem on some e-ink devices when looking at certain list-style preferences.
  • [BUG FIX]Fix the language being reset to system default when a device is rotated.
  • [BUG FIX]Properly shut down the wireless device connection if connection is lost while transferring books. This includes removing "stuck" progress dialog boxes.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:22 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CC V5.1.4.2 has been released to the beta channel

Changes:
  • A few corrections/improvements in e-ink color correction
  • Make some strings translatable
  • Update languages: French, Portuguese, Spanish
  • [BUG FIX]Remove the simple search box from the content server search
Advert
Old 07-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
i was wondering once I applied for beta for google maps I now have new tab for beta apps in google play but cc shows up in the normal tab
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:33 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
i was wondering once I applied for beta for google maps I now have new tab for beta apps in google play but cc shows up in the normal tab
First, I assume that you are getting the CC beta releases. If not then we have a different problem.

Over the last years since CC started doing betas, Google has "released" several different beta programs. CC uses Google Groups, which was our only choice way-back-when. Now an app can choose "open beta" in addition to Groups and possibly in addition to other schemes. My guess: that tab works only with one of the other choices. It is also possible that it works only with apps that are not simultaneously in production and in beta, but your google maps example argues against this.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
First, I assume that you are getting the CC beta releases. If not then we have a different problem.

Over the last years since CC started doing betas, Google has "released" several different beta programs. CC uses Google Groups, which was our only choice way-back-when. Now an app can choose "open beta" in addition to Groups and possibly in addition to other schemes. My guess: that tab works only with one of the other choices. It is also possible that it works only with apps that are not simultaneously in production and in beta, but your google maps example argues against this.
Probably i got into the beta program using this link

https://play.google.com/apps/testing...roid.apps.maps

and yes i am getting the beta versions
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Sorry for the delayed response.

I've been banging on the dropbox connection and everything seems to be working fine. Haven't run into any issues.

One request/question. Does the "Download all" menu item download everything, or just the books that are not on the device? If it downloads everything, could you add a second menu item to just download the new books?
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
One request/question. Does the "Download all" menu item download everything, or just the books that are not on the device? If it downloads everything, could you add a second menu item to just download the new books?
Download all fetches any book not already on the device. It doesn't refresh books already there, and it doesn't fetch a higher priority format should you have in the past downloaded a lower priority one.

Thanks for testing the changes!
Old 07-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #8
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Perfect, thanks.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote