Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #61
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
That's my least favorite part, because you don't really get to leave the plane after landing. You have to taxi. Wait. Taxi. Wait. Gate. Wait. Stand-up, help the lady get her bag, wait... and your reward? You're in another airport.
Yes, exactly.

I like the feeling of the takeoff, though, I admit.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #62
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Takeoff, yes... the acceleration, the visceral weightlessness. Do you love roller coasters, too? I get a feeling almost close to ecstasy on roller coasters. Everyone else is screaming, and I'm just exhaling, feeling wonderful.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #63
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Takeoff, yes... the acceleration, the visceral weightlessness. Do you love roller coasters, too? I get a feeling almost close to ecstasy on roller coasters. Everyone else is screaming, and I'm just exhaling, feeling wonderful.
coasters?, I use them for putting my cups of tea down, on...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #64
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Roller coasters are ok, as long as they have the steel tube tracks. I don't like the rickety old-fashioned ones as much.

I also like the park ride where they haul everyone up a tower and then drop you. First time I tried that one, I was in a lousy mood (caught it from the Grumpy Teenager), and it just flew right out of me. Great experience.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #65
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, yeah, the big drops.. the giant swing, zip lines, all of that.
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #66
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
oh god.

you couldn't *pay* me to go on that ride. i don't even like going down in elevators very much, or going down a steep hill in a car. i hate that feeling of "hey, i'm sorry, could we go back up there ? i'm afraid i've left my stomach behind."
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #67
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Poor baby. I love that feeling, it's wonderful. Releases endorphins or something. Try exhaling on the way down... don't hold it in. Let it go, baby, let it go.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #68
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Me, I'm saving up to go into orbit.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #69
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Me, I'm saving up to go into orbit.
Now thats a nice idea...The Virgin plane?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7529978.stm
Old 07-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #70
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Yeah. Not until I can afford to stay at a space hotel for a bit, though.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #71
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Poor baby. I love that feeling, it's wonderful. Releases endorphins or something. Try exhaling on the way down... don't hold it in. Let it go, baby, let it go.
i can think of a LOT of better ways to release endorphins. trust me.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #72
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i can think of a LOT of better ways to release endorphins. trust me.
hobnobs...
chocolate...
(separately of course)
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #73
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I love the giant swing also. What is it about those sort of things that is so soothing?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #74
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Roller coasters are ok, as long as they have the steel tube tracks. I don't like the rickety old-fashioned ones as much.

I also like the park ride where they haul everyone up a tower and then drop you. First time I tried that one, I was in a lousy mood (caught it from the Grumpy Teenager), and it just flew right out of me. Great experience.
What would fly out of me (in those circumstances) would not have been described as a "lousy mood" but it would have probably put the people below in a lousy mood.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #75
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

As those sorts of emissions are almost never neat and tidy, I suspect you'd also be in a lousy mood after that.

My sympathies to everyone who gets drop-sick or hates heights, in any case. Especially since you're denied such a great stress reliever.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment