Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I'll ask....

My sincere congratulations to Zelda, as I'm thinking that being a moderator is a big honor.
Now, not being familiar with too many boards, someone explain exactly what a moderators job is.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
My sincere congratulations to Zelda, as I'm thinking that being a moderator is a big honor.
Now, not being familiar with too many boards, someone explain exactly what a moderators job is.
To make sure the forum runs smoothly, that there are no arguments that get completely out of hand, and that no one does anything in violation of any rules of useage .... and like that there.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
A moderator's job is to make sure everything runs smoothly. That nobody gets out of hand. That topics stay on topic where needed. Help decide how the forums are run. To help out users where possible. We delete spam, edit thread topics, move threads, merge threads, & ban spammers. We try to keep the peace around here so it stays a nice place for others.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Ahh.

So it is just your everyday, part-time job:
  • Achieving World Peace
  • Defeating Evil
  • Keeping Reality in Check

Suddenly the new Avatar makes complete sense.

(Seriously, daft as it sounds, most BBs I've visited rely heavily on the transparent hand of the mods to keep them a fun place. Kudos and Karma all round for the job they do here.)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Ahh.

So it is just your everyday, part-time job:
  • Achieving World Peace
  • Defeating Evil
  • Keeping Reality in Check

Suddenly the new Avatar makes complete sense.

(Seriously, daft as it sounds, most BBs I've visited rely heavily on the transparent hand of the mods to keep them a fun place. Kudos and Karma all round for the job they do here.)
exactly. glad you understand.

and while i do have an avatar with a cape and jetboots, i'm a mere novice. it's all the other green-clad superheroes you should be appreciating.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
exactly. glad you understand.

and while i do have an avatar with a cape and jetboots, i'm a mere novice. it's all the other green-clad superheroes you should be appreciating.
we do, we do....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness