Old 11-27-2015, 04:43 AM   #1
abu-wesam
abu-wesam began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
update to 4.4 m96

hi
my Device is m96
After the update to 4.4 m96 does not connect with the computer
(The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28))
Please help me
abu-wesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #2
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
You'll have to downgrade back to 4.0. I tried it on my M96C and there was no touch screen driver either so it was useless. The latest 4.0 release in the downgrade utility actually has the newer UI so it looks just as good as 4.4. For me everything worked again including Kindle and Play Books which haven't worked for many months since earlier 'upgrades'. Overall I'm delighted with the latest 4.0 release and I'll look forward to 4.4 when it's ready for proper release and not just this experimental version.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
I should have said that the firmware loader should still connect to enable the downgrade. I had no issues.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
allochi
Connoisseur
allochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura
I actually notices a different weird behaviour with with this update.

When I updated my M96 plus, the interface became a little sluggish, and the reader is slow for the same book. Then I noticed that the reader is much faster and the interface is so responsive when the USB cable is connected, so I'm guessing it's a power saving setting, but I don't know where I can set it not to save power this way.

I think I will downgrade to 4.0 :/
allochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #5
notger
Enthusiast
notger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavens

Device: onyx m96
rooting the m96 under 4.4

hi, ther i just updated to 4.4 and actually like the look and speed of it, but how can iroot it.
i tried all the old methods towelroot v1, ans v3, impactor, and the RunMe.bat method, none of them rooted the device.

any ideas?
notger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #6
nar001
nar001 began at the beginning.

Device: M96C
Quote:
Originally Posted by notger View Post
hi, ther i just updated to 4.4 and actually like the look and speed of it, but how can iroot it.
i tried all the old methods towelroot v1, ans v3, impactor, and the RunMe.bat method, none of them rooted the device.

any ideas?
These methods don't work on 4.4, they've been patched. Maybe try Towelroot v3 or something else, on XDA maybe ! There's probably an universal root somewhere !
nar001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #7
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Quote:
Originally Posted by nar001 View Post
These methods don't work on 4.4, they've been patched. Maybe try Towelroot v3 or something else, on XDA maybe ! There's probably an universal root somewhere !
I really wish there would be a cyanogen for ereaders. It's unfortunate OpenInkpot project got dead
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:05 PM   #8
nar001
nar001 began at the beginning.

Device: M96C
Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
I really wish there would be a cyanogen for ereaders. It's unfortunate OpenInkpot project got dead
It's also sad it's not a well known tablet, there's not that much devs who could adapt the newest android versions to it ! At least, I didn't see that much activity on the dev side of things !
nar001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #9
gloriousglib
gloriousglib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Anyone successfully root this yet?
gloriousglib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #10
notger
Enthusiast
notger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavens

Hi,

rooting works with the usb-to-pc connection method of "Kingo-root"
the only-android version did not work in my case.

you also have to use the provided super-su from kingo cause the "typical" super-su-app messed everything up in my experiments.
it might also not work at the first try, my m96c got stuck at 96% in the rooting process but after rebooting and restarting the usb kingo root process its perfectly rooted now.

i also would root a pretty virgin kitkat, an then install all the apps you need/want

greets

notger
Old 12-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
notger
Enthusiast

Does anyone of you also notive weired touch behaviour in the google store.

if you activate "touch tracking" (or however that is called in english) in the developes settings i see cracy touches all over the display without any noticeable pattern or triggers.

so sometimes touching is so cracy that it starts several apps or shuts down the ebook.

besides that kitkat is working enourmously fast and stabile compared to the the old system.
I'm really looking forward to the first "stable" release, cuase i'm using it allready now in daily use, rooted, with nova launcher, and with about 50 other apps.
with kitkat it's getting a little more of a tablet-feeling now.

did enyone ever try if skype on a m96 in combination with an bluetooth microphone/headset would work, that would be amazing unless i do not use or own a smartphone. or does the m96 actually have a microphone-in hardwarewise, but just not active firmwarewise?

greets

Notger
Old 12-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #12
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Where is more appropiate? Here?

I tried to install and gives me the following error...

There's a mess. The ereader-store.eu site says BOOX M96 Plus V1.7.4 rc1 is from 2015-12-11, the chinese site says is from 25-12-14 (2015-12-14_14-43_1.7.4_rc1_1c69455).

Is the chinese fversion newer? The last code suggest me it's a build from a source code repository. Is the code to build somewhere?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151221_213836_772.gif
Views:	239
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	144791  
Old 12-21-2015, 06:02 PM   #13
timofonic
Zealot

I'm downloading the firmware from the Chinese site. Unfortunately, it downloads damn slow...
Old 12-21-2015, 09:00 PM   #14
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Kingo Root and King Root both worked for me.

SuperSu-Me can switch King Root to SuperSu, but only the pro version switches it permanently, meaning you'd have to re-root it after every boot if you used the free version. Oddly, the pro one only worked for King Root, whereas the free one worked for Kingo, but the pro one didn't.

In both cases I used the pc method rather than the apk to get root.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #15
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
One issue I have with the update is that my speaker now crackles, whereas it never did this in ICS.

Anyone else have this issue? I've had it on a tablet before, but just one.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote