Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-09-2015, 02:49 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
V4.2.7 beta channel release

V4.2.7:
  • Show only books in selected group when Grouping Drawer / Show empty values is unchecked
  • Add "Date Accessed" (date book details displayed) to sort menu and book list customization settings
  • Updated languages: Arabic, French, German, Spanish
  • [BUG FIX]Fix another rare crash when returning to CC Cloud display
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:10 PM   #2
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
One small issue.

Sorting by date accessed, went into some book's details screen. When back to the grouping drawer. Newly accessed book did not move to the top.

I imagine the same thing would happen if sorting by date read. If you mark a.book as read, does it resort when you close the details screen.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
One small issue.

Sorting by date accessed, went into some book's details screen. When back to the grouping drawer. Newly accessed book did not move to the top.

I imagine the same thing would happen if sorting by date read. If you mark a.book as read, does it resort when you close the details screen.
Yea, I know. The problem is that to do the resort redraws the entire screen, something that can be very slow and distracting. In the past when we have done that we have received many complaints about it.

I might be able to do the resort if the current sort is one that can change in book details, but it would need to do it unconditionally. By that I mean that the list would redisplay even if the date had not changed.

In my testing I worked around this by rapidly switching between grid and list view.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #4
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, speaking for myself, I don't care if you fix it or not. Its not a real use case for me, I was just reporting it because I tried it and I thought you might like to know about it.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:05 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Well, speaking for myself, I don't care if you fix it or not. Its not a real use case for me, I was just reporting it because I tried it and I thought you might like to know about it.
After examining code paths I can make coming back from book details behave as follows:
  • If read information has been changed and if the current sort is "read" or "date read" then the display will be refreshed, redoing the sort.
  • If the current sort is "date accessed" then the display will be refreshed as above, redoing the sort.
  • In all other cases, today's behavior will not change.
I think this deals with the issue in a reasonable way, and also fixes something I too have found annoying.
Advert
Old 10-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #6
kaufman

Sounds perfect to me.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It sounds quite good.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V4.2.7.1

An update for the beta has been published.

V4.2.7.1:
  • Resort the book list/grid when returning from book details if the current sort is "Date Accessed (CC)", or if the current sort is "Read" or "Date Read (CC)" and the "read" information was changed.
  • Updated languages: French, German, Russian, Spanish
Old 10-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #9
kaufman

Sorting works. Thanks.