Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 AM   #1
leveck
Literate Gadget Fan
leveck is on a distinguished road

Device: Vulan Flipstart, Sony PRS 505
Talking Anyone else a FlipStart user?

I love mine, using it right now to type this. Carry it everyday at work in a backpack. I mainly use Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 to read books. In reading mode (no tool bars), it works well.
leveck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:43 AM   #2
lordmax
Enthusiast
lordmax began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Opus, cybook gen10, Palm LifeDrive, NetBookVaio, Kindle, Tolino
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leveck View Post
I love mine, using it right now to type this. Carry it everyday at work in a backpack. I mainly use Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 to read books. In reading mode (no tool bars), it works well.
Wow.
Flipstar it's really wonderfull. ^__^

I'm using a Palm Lifedrive but to read something of more complex I use a Cybook or an iLiad.
lordmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveck View Post
Does this thing really exist anymore? The web site doesn't even sell it or indicate that it will ever be in stock again. Looks like it didn't last very long. How much memory does your's have? Running XP Pro or Vista Business on 512M seems like a lost cause. It claims a pentium processor which is a term I haven't heard in a while.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I had never head of it until this post
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
leveck
Literate Gadget Fan
leveck is on a distinguished road

Device: Vulan Flipstart, Sony PRS 505
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Does this thing really exist anymore? The web site doesn't even sell it or indicate that it will ever be in stock again. Looks like it didn't last very long. How much memory does your's have? Running XP Pro or Vista Business on 512M seems like a lost cause. It claims a pentium processor which is a term I haven't heard in a while.

Dale
I have read rumors that there will be a 2nd model coming sometime soon. Mine runs XP, I didn't think 512MB would be fun with Vista.

I have always wanted a "real computer" in this form factor. Just a personal taste item. Previously this had driven me to the HP 200lx, which ran DOS 5 in ROM (I ran Windows 3.0 in real mode on this with Word 1 and Excel 2... until I got the Flipstart this was my daily use mobile machine).
leveck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I really like the HP 200LX. There is still a following for that breakthrough design. I even put up a wiki page for it to show its place in history. I have a HP Jornada 720 on the way. I am hoping to use it like you do your Flipstart only it is older and on a older OS.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flipstart, umpc